Brake push rod (Original) vs what MPB are telling. Need your input/help

Started by RAWms, 2006-12-20 19:33

Previous topic - Next topic

RAWms

Thx Ron.

Your p-valve looks like the two Ford valves I have and use a different fitting.  I was supposed to have the fitting in the pack of goodies that came with the system.  MPB include lots of couplers and fittings to fit what various projects people are building.   The correct fitting was supposed to be included.  I don't think I lost it as like taking the car a part two years ago I'm pretty organized.  Anyway they are sending me the fitting.

I was and may still put the '40 up in the air.  As I remember I used a GM p-valve on that guy.  When I plumbed that car the body was off but do remember going through this dance with it also.  I also think there were AN fittings I got from (now gone) my local Earl's.  Yep, now I'm curious up it goes.
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

57AGIN

Shopratwoody:

You might try the NAPA store here in Los Alamitos, just west of Los Al High School, at the corner of Cerritos and Los Alamitos Blvd.  There are a couple of "old timers" there and have seemed pretty knowledgable (???) for some of my needs.

Bob
57AGIN

RAWms

Looked under the '40 today and there is a reducer straight out of the p-valve.  And, no AN fittings.   Too many adult beverages or the almost 20 years have evaporated the memory.  I must have matched brake line size to what Ford originally used as it is one size larger than the '57.  I might ask that question on the Early Ford V8 site I visit.  The non-power brakes on that car are wonderful.    r

...as of Apr 2007

shopratwoody

Thx Bob for the NAPA info. I'll prolly try the one in Santa Ana next. Luckily haven't needed much lately. I've tried
to stay away from NAPA lately anyway. This American melting pot thing has got totally out of hand.  :BangHead:
Gotta get back to it tomorrow. Need a small adjustment on the column shifter and the nuetral safety sw. It's
kinda nice have a simple gearshift again after all the racing gizmo reverse pattern rachet bull**** I waisted hundreds
of dollars on for that almighty E.T. :iamwithstupid:
Roger, sounds like the brake thing is working. If the brakes on the 40 work so good, why bother with a booster?
Mine stops with very little effort without the vacuum thing.
Later, Ron  :glasses10:
I hate blocksanding!

RAWms

Ron,
Man, you landed on exactly what has been running through my head!  I was bound and determined that since this car is a keeper I was not going back to retro fit it.  While it is down it will be right to the point of over kill maybe since I was building this car as my long haul personal driver.   

r

...as of Apr 2007

RAWms

MPB sent me the connection fitting going from the p-valve out to the 3/16" lines.  All of the lines are finished  and ready for bleeding.  A friend has a tool for bleeding that will not risk of disturbing the p-valve.  All is well and moving to getting thecar on the road.    r

...as of Apr 2007