News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Weights of the modified Rancheros

Started by RAWms, 2006-12-31 00:30

Previous topic - Next topic

RAWms

I'm curious about Ranchero weights after they have been modified.  I'm thinking when I'm done my daily driver will come in at 2800+ lbs.   351W C4, standard brake pedal, and little grinding here and there, 50 years of a little less metal (involuntarily), interior, a chinese voltage regulator (maybe, hasn't been tested yet) replacing the old mechanical gadget, etc.

In 1962 I had a 360 hp 352 in a '60 Galaxie that weighed in at 3,962 lbs.   I have always liked the 10-11 lbs to 1 hp ratio for performance and in todays world street worthy, fun, and I think will easily run 87 octane. 

Seriously, I'm wondering what other modified Rancheros are weighing in at?   Please include the motor and tranny (brake pedal type is optional).

thx, r     :pottytrain3:
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

shopratwoody

r,
I think it's going to heavier that you think. I think I only got mine down to 3780 lbs. with Lexan side windows and
light weight racing seats. It did have a 6 pt role bar, 427/C6 combo. That entire frame is boxed. This was at the scales
at the track. My 78 Ranchero is about 4200 lbs. :dontknow:
later, Ron :glasses2:
I hate blocksanding!

RAWms

I know my '72 is heavy but wow that much for a '57.  I gotta drill more holes.  Sure glad I sanded to the metal also.   

HAPPY NEW YEAR!   :icon_jook:

r   :sleepy1:

Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007