News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Windshield trim

Started by meteor, 2009-05-20 00:21

Previous topic - Next topic

meteor

anybody have trouble fitting the trim around the windshield? I had a glass guy work on it for about 3 hours one day and I'm not happy. I'm ready to tear the whole thing out and start again...

Is it possible for stainless trim to loose its shape over time? or warp from heat of polishing?
check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com

Hoosier Hurricane

Was the stainless installed in the rubber molding before the windshield was installed in the body?  That's how it's supposed to be done.

John

meteor

yes it was, but the guy had a real hard time getting the moldings to fit, probably bent...

if I redo it, can I reuse my new rubber molding? thx

shopratwoody

I took my windshield out when rubber was new and used it again with no problem. I had to pull the A
pillar out a 1/16th from a previous collision. Installing the stainless isn't fun at all :unitedstates:
I hate blocksanding!

rockymountaincustom

We are having the same problem with the windshield for our convertible. It almost seems like the seal we got is the wrong one. The trim doesn't fit in the seal, sticks out about a quarter inch. Are there different seals for different models like one for hardtops, one for soft tops.

CDN.SD

The one I?m working on (Oakville built) has screws protruding from the lower rear corners and the center of the windshield frame to help hold the trim down.

They don?t go through the trim, the rolled outer edge of it just slips over the heads to help hold it flush.

Are there any screws like that on yours? If not, that could be the problem.

I can give more details if you think it might be what is wrong.
Necessity is the mother of butchery

meteor

I have holes in the lower rear corners of the trim and also the in the body for a screw.

I think my issue is with that the heat from polishing has changed the curvature. The center of the trim is actually flush.

thx