News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

seat belts

Started by clubcoupe57, 2009-06-15 17:57

Previous topic - Next topic

clubcoupe57

Hi Guys what are some ideas for seat belts? Would like to take my grand kids crusin but would like to buckle them in ! Thanks, Mike

57 Ford Kustom

Mike :006:
   Are you looking for a place to purchase belts or ideas on putting them in?  I used mid 70's GM pick up the right lenght and had a retractor already. But as you can see by my signature the correct belts were not required. Most restore catalogs list belts or go to a auto store like NAPA. It all depends on how oringal you want.
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

tarheel57

Mike,If you cant find any used ones, a good place to purchase new ones is  Julianos Hot Rod Parts, in Ellington,CT. Toll free :1-800-300-1932 or email : www.julianos.com . I have use theirs before,good quality A1 product that they produce.You can order any length,color,or latch style that you need,and they come with all the hardware and anchor plates to mount then. :unitedstates: :burnout:

meteor

Our laws up here are a bit different, but keeping kids safe is the same goal. Here's what I did;

1. Juliano's 3-point belts in the front and 2 lap belts in the rear
2. I had to use lap belts in the rear because it is a wagon and there is no place to anchor a shoulder belt.
3. I bought a child seat with a 5-point harness that is good up to 85lbs.
4. It is not safe to put a child in a forward-facing car seat or booster with just a lapbelt, you'll need to install a tether anchor. I put my anchor right on the body mount behind the rear wheel wells.

If you really want the kid's to tag along, don't let cost be an issue - just do what you have to, to keep them safe.
check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com

Lou

If your looking for original styled belts go to an airport, they are the same lap belt used in small airchraft.

clubcoupe57

Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate it!