News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Sedan Delivery/ Wagon tailgate conversion

Started by MeanGene, 2014-11-19 13:58

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanGene

OK, been looking for tailgate options, as my Sedan delivery has a rusty spot at the two sides beneath the windows, caused by splits in the gasket letting water in. So I found a complete wagon setup, with all the latches, hinges, and hardware. Problem is the body was never drilled and dimpled for the striker plates etc as it had a liftgate, and the wagon window hinge setup with the springs looks like a PITA to install. Thinking of carefully indexing and drilling the body to install the SW gate, as I can reach in through the back and use nuts instead of dimpling for insert nuts, and just bolting the SW window to the existing liftgate hinges and using the stay rod setup instead of the internal springs. Anybody see a problem with this setup? Seems a lot simpler than trying to convert the upper hinges to the spring setup

Raven Rider

I would fix the rust in your rear door.  I have a Ranch Wagon the the previous owner welded in the back side windows which makes me wish I had a Courier or Sedan Delivery I really like the swing open rear door.  Good Luck.