News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

morfing a 58 custom into a 57 custom 300

Started by 57 imposter, 2011-11-24 13:38

Previous topic - Next topic

ragtop

1956 ford pickup rings works grate L-brackets on head light bucket cut fender like a pie bend tabs around 65.00 and 2hr your done

RICH MUISE

ragtop: I really like the clean-lines look you have on your front end...nice job.
'57imposter: how about posting some pics of what you've got so far.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

ragtop not sure I understand what you did....having a little trouble visualizing....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

frosty

Hi Guys

Well I started to french mine headlights, but changed my mind. I tunneled mine about 2 inches, I cut the pie in mind an then welded a ring of metal then used 56 f 100 buckets. For the outer ring i used early cordoba  rings, squared the back of them off even. Little more work an time but they are different.

ragtop

will try to pull trim ring and photo with it off this weekend and post also have other car I did on 1957ford.com one in convertible pages around page 17 ?

Zapato

looks great, did you build the grille?

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

ragtop

the grill is a old JC-Whitney head light pics.

Ford Blue blood

Thanks much ragtop!  I now see..... :003:.....good job!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

57 imposter

Does anyone know what Ford used to get the wiring out of the door and Thur the A post on power window equipped cars? I know there are many aftermarket solutions but the construction of the A post and the inner liner of the door look to make them quite project to install. I am thinking that maybe they had a carrier that held the wires and took them stright into the large oval hole in the door jam.

Ford Blue blood

I will post pics from the wiring manual, will be Saturday before I can get them up.  Yes, it goes through the large hole in the door jam with a curved "thingy" to hold the wires.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Zapato

Here we are! Just what the doctor ordered...........  found the link searching Google.

Zap- :unitedstates:                                        :deadhorse:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

57 imposter

Today I hung front sheet metal. god what a miserable job it is. I learned long ago when disassembling a car to drill 1/8 inch holes througheverything so at reassembly time you just put a piece of welding rod through the holes and everything goes right back where it was. however doing this conversion I am not reusing any of the original sheet metal so everything is going on from scratch. very slow irrigating process. I won't give up. But, for today, I quit!!

Ecode70D

Quote from: 57 imposter on 2014-02-22 18:42
so everything is going on from scratch. very slow irrigating process. I won't give up. But, for today, I quit!!

Don't give up.   Keep working on it and don't be afraid to ask questions.  there is lots of help on this site. 

hotroddonnie

Are you doing it with fresh paint? If you are, I was just there. My brother and I did it together, we just made sure we both had nothing on are plates for the day, put on the tunes, lots of lights, shook hands and :violent1: It went very well but took the day, and even then I was hours on my own till I got it to where I was happy. Good luck! HRD   

57 imposter

It is  actually just a pre fit. the parts aren't even primed yet. just need to see if anything needs massaging before jamming and final assembly. The sad part is knowing that right after everything is fit properly, it all has to come right back apart.