News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Fairlane 500 parts

Started by Smooth150, 2019-10-03 21:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Smooth150

I have 2 sets of top fin moldings some dings also have roof side moldings. Dash pieces tail light housings grille parts nice set of dogfish caps (2 are nos ) steering box nice low mileage complete 1958 steering box with auto column w/steering wheel missing horn spring $250 for this message with needs i may have it sold my car not needs Thanks Chris

Del WINDSOR

Hi  I could use a set of dog dish caps for my DEL Will you sell just the caps ?  if so  cost ? Thank you  Del

Smooth150

Is take $ 80 for the caps nice shape there's little white paint missing of one of the nos caps I think I have 2 extra caps ill throw in. Let me know where u are to get the shipping quote Thanks Chris

thumper

Do you still have the steering box and what color is the steering wheel?
Thanks,
wayne
Wayne Williams
1957 ford Fairlane 500
2013 Ford F150 XLT
2018 Ford Fusion EcoBoost (Wifes car)

Smooth150

Hi yes I do have it the color is brown its complete minus the spring for the horn ring the ring is rough not broken came out of honest 50,000 mile car the box is very smooth and no play clean it up and go

thumper

I need a steering wheel and a box, but my interior is black an yellow, and the wheel is black, would you separate those? And if so, your price for the box.
Thanks
Wayne Williams
1957 ford Fairlane 500
2013 Ford F150 XLT

Smooth150

Hi the column and box go all together just getting my investment back the shipping may be expensive because its oversize u could take column off but is a good deal with it. Hard to come by in this shape sold my car and trying to clear out what I have thenprice is 250 for just the boxnor all together it also has the pitman arm with it that u kneed to install Thank u for your interest let me know.

thumper

I'll think a bit. Thanks for your reply and i totally understand.
Wayne Williams
1957 ford Fairlane 500
2013 Ford F150 XLT

Hoosier Hurricane

Thumper, you need the '58 column and steering wheel to make the horn work with the original horn ring setup.  The '57 had a hollow steering shaft and the horn wire passed through it.  The '58 had a solid shaft and a horn brush setup in conjunction with the steering wheel.  You can paint the wheel black to match your interior.   John

thumper

Yep, i forgot about that. I've fought with that darn wire coming up though the middle before. I have tried painting that black material back in the day but could never get it to dry or cure completely. It always remained sort of gummy. What would be a proper product to do that?
Wayne Williams
1957 ford Fairlane 500
2013 Ford F150 XLT

Smooth150

Hi your friend is right u need complete column and wheel the painting the wheel is nobig deal use a quality auto
paint

thomasso

Spray can lacquer worked great for me.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.