News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Before and after pic

Started by jseth83, 2014-01-19 08:12

Previous topic - Next topic

jseth83

Finally getting around to posting some pictures...here is a before and after of my baby :)
57 wagon, sedan, and TBird 
67 Mustang

Mark

RICH MUISE

Man that must have taken a few weekends! looks great. I forget if Pass Christian is where James lives, or use to live.
Body looked to be fairly solid from the Gardener's Ratrod pic...did you run into much rust needing repairing? what's the drivetrain? How long did it take you to get it to the last pic? Thanks for posting....we love hearing from the occasional posters.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

jseth83

The first pic was when I bought it in summer 2004 and the other was from Cruisin the Coast 2013.  The frame was in good shape but the fenders, rockers, and especially the floor pans were a mess.  Yes, I do run into James occasionally.  I put a 351c in with a C6 and have been really happy with that.  Most of the body and engine work were done in the first couple of years but I have been steadily tweaking since.  I built my own wiring harness and added Vintage Air so that the wife and kids can ride with me.  Right now I'm building a custom instrument panel so that I can use a set of AutoMeter gauges.  I refer to this as my "family car" now :)
67 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

Very nice!!!!! I know there is a couple of seconds work in that one.......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

WOW!! talk about resurrected from the dead. Beautiful work.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

electricalan

Nice save man.Thats very encouraging to someone just getting started,and looks like you had quite a bit more metal work than I.Very nice famiy car you created.
                                                         Enjoy Al
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

Frankenstein57

Good work, that's like pulling it out of the crusher

jseth83

Thanks guys!  I really love this car.  It's the only thing that my wife and I can bring our two kids, two strollers, ice chests, chairs, and a couple of guests in and still be comfortable. 
67 Mustang

JPotter57

Got that Fairlane looking good.  Hope to see you around soon...season about to start up around here soon!
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

jseth83

Thanks James!  Yes I'm definitely looking forward to it.  By the way, the new pic is the one that I was trying to make an avatar out of.  I just realized I never made it around to emailing it to you!
67 Mustang