News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

ranchero before pic

Started by electricalan, 2014-03-24 20:47

Previous topic - Next topic

electricalan

Went for a ride in the chero today so thought I would take a before pic.I got my rear floorpans from ups today so I guess its time to tear into her and not be able to drive it for a while.
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

RICH MUISE

Man you guys have alot of green grass up there! I was wondering if Zapoto had lost his mind a few weeks ago when he said he ran the mower over the front lawn.
Alan..... your back bumper need a little polish. The body looks pretty solid.
Good luck with your floorpans.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

yup! and mowed it again yesterday.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

electricalan

Mine needs mowing,the kid was supposed to do it this weekend but it didnt happen.Rich,It is pretty solid .Ijust got floor boards for behind the seat and I still need to order new rockers.Yes that back bumper shows some very weak chrome,but its straight.

Ford Blue blood

Yup...I'll be mowing the onions this week.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

Looks like a good one to start with. How did it run when you drove it? Please post pictures when you do the replacement pans. I need to do mine in the future, they had been done by a previous owner, just a small section of the bottom but look homemade and feel thinner the 18 gauge so I'm not happy with them.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

VwDrvFnd

I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

electricalan

The thing runs good,but I never even opened it up,just drained and refilled.I cant believe the transmission popped right into gear and off we went.Yes I did do a brake job first so we could stop.I will do pics of my floorboards,but not sure how soon it will be.Someone posted pics of theirs on another thread when I asked about the supplier.Let me see if I can find it.

electricalan

Found it.It is "floorboards" general and it was petew.He used the Classic 2 current pans I was asking about.I removed the seat last night and vaced out the floor and tryed them in.good fit,but I have a bit of damage outside the panel towards the drivers door.I will have to do a bit of my own fabricating.I was planning on making a small patch piece at the bottom of gas pedal,but was hoping the rear panels I bought would cover the back.Thanks for the responses Al

hiball3985

Ok, thanks. What pans did you end up buying? I haven't decided when or what I'm going to do about mine, it's just the recessed area was replaced the rest looks good so I'm not sure I want to replace the whole section. Glad to here it runs good.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

electricalan

I bought the ones from "classic 2 current fabrications",and I think they will work good for you.I got the two rear pans for 160 dollars ,and 40 of that was shipping out to me. The pans cover up to the top of the curve and extend under the seat just past the two pleats.I guess you would be cutting them down a bit if you just want the bottom.I can go out and measure them if you want.

hiball3985

Thank you. No need for measurements I have a pretty good idea from looking at the pictures, just a matter of getting myself in gear to do it or leave it for my son  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

electricalan

this is them.     Anybody want a 1972 green metalflake steering wheel.Just send me your stock one!

hiball3985

Nice wheel, but I don't think I'll trade  :003: I haven't seen one like that in years...

Those would work fine. Mine just had the bottom of the tub replaced with flat and no bead roll so they are flimsy.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang