News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 country sedan

Started by glen b henderson, 2014-02-09 18:41

Previous topic - Next topic

glen b henderson

I picked up another parts car today (57 country sedan), it is complete and with a little work I think it will run. I will use a few parts from it, but the rest will be up for grabs. If you need something let me know and I will see if it is there and we can talk price.
Freedom is not Free

JPotter57

how bad is it?  Might be interested in what is left if it is buildable...Let me know, call me tomorrow.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

glen b henderson

I am going to pick it up today, will have a better idea of condition once I can get it in the shop and cleaned out. Just my first impression it is a parts car. I'll call after I get it home and maybe can get the wife to send pictures.
Freedom is not Free

JPotter57

Sounds good...give me a call when you get a look at it.
Old, loud, and fast.

rmk57

If you do decide to part it out and it has an unmolested heater delete dash plate I'd be interested in that.

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

JPotter57

Being a wagon it probably doesn't have a delete plate. ..check with john gambill, jegsr on here.  He was planning on having some of those made.
Old, loud, and fast.

rmk57

I'm looking for the plastic piece that goes in the dash, I think John is repro'ing the metal firewall cover.
I figured the car being from a warmer climate you never know.

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: rmk57 on 2014-02-10 13:10
I'm looking for the plastic piece that goes in the dash, I think John is repro'ing the metal firewall cover.
I figured the car being from a warmer climate you never know.

Randy

Warmer?????? It is 35 going to 30 with freezing rain here in Birmingham.......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

JPotter57

John had a couple of the repro dash pieces a whileback.  They were raw unplated black plastic.  He was looking for someone to do the molding, the tooling was apparently complete.  Check with him, but he may have abandoned that project.  I actually saw one of the heater control delete covers, was black plastic.  Reproducing that chrome plastic stuff is an expensive endeavor so he may have passed that on to someone else.
Old, loud, and fast.

rmk57

Ill Check that out, thanks.

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

glen b henderson

Sorry but it has a heater. After I got it home and cleaned 2 big garbage cans of junk out of it, the old girl is better than I thought. Rust in the floor pans and spare tire well is the worst part and of course the missing tailgate. I may just get her running and use it as a parts hauler.
Freedom is not Free

glen b henderson

James, I let the wife handle the facebook thing, she said that she sent you some pictures. If you can please post them over here, I am just too dumb or lazy to figure it out. Even though this old wagon is rough around the edges, I am thinking it is too complete to part out and I have more projects than I will ever finish. I will let it go for $2000 and can talk about delivery. I would prefer that you come look at it in person because I maybe totally out in left field, in other words make me an offer.
Freedom is not Free

sprink88

Dang.  Wish I lived closer.  Sounds like a helluva buy
~Chris

JPotter57

Glen, I will try to get up there as soon as I can.  RIght now, I am tied up with the kids underwater robotics competition, every free minute is spent practicing with them.  I haven't had a free Saturday since early January when I had a stomach bug and was just too sick to make it.  Add in Mondays, Thursdays and Sunday after church, and you see what I am talking about  Competition for regionals is in two weeks, then nationals whch we hope to make again, are in late april or early May.  So I am afraid I won't have any free weekends until then.  I will get the pictures moved over here tonight, can't get on facebook at work.  As soon as I can get there, though, I will.
Old, loud, and fast.

glen b henderson

Fired the old girl off this afternoon, runs pretty good off a coke bottle, rad is leaking so I have to address this issue.  I have a lead on a tailgate that I am going to check out Sunday.
Freedom is not Free