News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

up for grabs

Started by gasman826, 2021-03-08 11:59

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

rmk57

The shifter looks really out of place in that car. It would be much nicer or cleaner looking with a column shifter.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

59meteor

Quote from: rmk57 on 2021-03-08 20:24

The shifter looks really out of place in that car. It would be much nicer or cleaner looking with a column shifter.
Agreed, that pole vault handle looks rediculeous , the huge ugly chinese HEI distributor looks so out of place as well. Can`t say I am a fan of the shiny and mat black paint neither. The interior looks really nice, and although the ad says it has A/C, and the vents and controls are there, I can`t see the AC compressor or any AC lines. Randy, if your radiator that close to the water pump? Looks like it would be tough to squeeze a .030" feeler gauge in between!
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

Ford Blue blood

Why space the radiator even closer?  Upper hose, a couple minutes in a parts hose would do away with the "snake" he put in.....just sayin.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

My guess with the radiator is he moved it toward the engine to make more room for a pusher electric fan in front.? You can see the relief cuts in the top of the core support where the radiator maybe was attempted to move frontwards.........maybe that didn't work out.?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

Quote from: 59meteor on 2021-03-09 07:28
Agreed, that pole vault handle looks rediculeous , the huge ugly chinese HEI distributor looks so out of place as well. Can`t say I am a fan of the shiny and mat black paint neither. The interior looks really nice, and although the ad says it has A/C, and the vents and controls are there, I can`t see the AC compressor or any AC lines. Randy, if your radiator that close to the water pump? Looks like it would be tough to squeeze a .030" feeler gauge in between!

When I first dropped in the 460 I used the short C8SE water pump with the stock radiator, I had less than 1/2" clearance with the big fan I'm using. Since then I trimmed the core support for a larger radiator, longer aluminum water pump and fan clutch. I now have around 1" or so.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

hiball3985

Just looking at the radiator reminded my of something I don't like with the after market Aluminum ones is they point the over flow to the engine rather then to the left. I have three of them in my cars now and I hate it..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

terry_208

I've seen this ad somewhere before.  I stopped looking when I got to the part where they said "Hardtop".  It's a dealer that sells classic cars and doesn't know what a hardtop is.  I also noticed, only two belts on the front of the engine.  Ps has one, that leaves one for the alt and possible ac. 
Terry

gasman826

A big, pusher fan will interfer with the gravel guard.  Radiator needs to move back, gravel guard needs cutting and/or smaller fan.  Pusher fan is already at a reduced efficacy so smaller fan is not a good idea.  Moving the radiator closer to a 460 gives very limited clearance.  Wasting the gravel guard is about the only workable pusher fan alternative.  My guess is this car has a small fan and a big heating problem.

geraldchainsaw

I realize its what ever you can get for your car,  but isn't that kinda high,?,   i know its been along time since i've bought any thing,  thats more then i payed for my conv

RICH MUISE

My feeling....yes, kinda high, but not outrageous. All depends on curb appeal. (Your's has tons, honestly think 35 would be very low for your car imho). I was offered 35 for mine right after I finished it, with a "project car" Polaris station wagon thrown in. LOL, I saw the "mint" Polaris wagon a few years later and he told me he hadn't really done anything to it other than some minor mechanical restorations. I had a doctor in Santa Fe tell me he'd buy my car if I ever decided to sell it, and made a point of telling me he wasn't asking the price, he could afford what he liked, and he loved my car. I lost his business card, :005: One of the best builds ever imho was at the Goodguys last year. It was for sale and the price was reduced to 155,000 with him taking "a major loss". Point is.......they're all over the map price wise, but like I said it's all about curb appeal setting the bar higher. Of course, a quality build is assumed. Many guys here will tell me I'm nuts regarding pricing, But our old Fords are picking up in interest as tri-five Chevies are losing their appeal to many. 30-80k for a  well built tri five Chevy is more the norm than the exception, so why not our Fords?? LOL, if your car was the same except a Chevy.......75-100k wouldn't surprise me at alll.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

To a point, you can ask anything you want, don't mean it will sell at that price.  Asking too little will scare folks off, asking too much will scare folks off so what to do to set the price.  No good rule!  My 62 Bird Coupe went for $15K in 2006.  The guy that purchased it fell in love with the paint job.  Those Birds could be had all day long for $5 - $6K at that time.  No good rules to go by.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

59meteor

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2021-03-09 09:56
Just looking at the radiator reminded my of something I don't like with the after market Aluminum ones is they point the over flow to the engine rather then to the left. I have three of them in my cars now and I hate it..
Not al aluminum radiators are that way. This is the radiator in my 59, not only does the overflow point to the left, the shape and ridges in the top tank look very similar to the original radiator.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

hiball3985

Quote from: 59meteor on 2021-03-13 14:03
Not al aluminum radiators are that way. This is the radiator in my 59, not only does the overflow point to the left, the shape and ridges in the top tank look very similar to the original radiator.
I see that on the expensive ones, I just have the cheap ones   :005:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

59meteor

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2021-03-14 08:07
I see that on the expensive ones, I just have the cheap ones   :005:
That aluminum radiator in my 59 was $199.00 a couple of years ago, and I just checked, that is still the current price from Auto City Classic. I consider that very reasonably priced. It cools the 428 great.