News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

up for grabs

Started by gasman826, 2021-03-08 11:59

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Quote from: 59meteor on 2021-03-14 08:52
That aluminum radiator in my 59 was $199.00 a couple of years ago, and I just checked, that is still the current price from Auto City Classic. I consider that very reasonably priced. It cools the 428 great.
WOW! I thought the ones like the original tanks were a lot more then that. I'll give them a try next time I need one, thanks..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

fordrunner390

hi guys, fred here, just had to give my 2 cents worth on the price of our 57 fords. i don't know about you, but to me there is no comparison styling wise between a 57 chevy and a 57 ford. parked next to the ford, that chevy is a square brick. the ford is lower and has much more sculptured 1/4 panels than the chevy. the ford is just a much more graceful looking car. so why do tri five chevys sell for so much money? there are a lot of people who want them and some people have more money than brains, some are investors with a lot of money and just want them as an investment and to be able to say that they own a 57 chevy. as i said i love all the styling of the fifties cars and back then they all were individual and had CLASS! one other thing to think about it seems to me that there are a lot more tri five chevys around than there are fords, so if we do sell our prized 57 fords, where would we ever get another-----fred

djfordmanjack

Thank you Fred, I have been trying to find the right words for this for years. You really summarized that nicely.

Quote from: fordrunner390 on 2021-03-16 10:38
comparison styling wise between a 57 chevy and a 57 ford. parked next to the ford, that chevy is a square brick.

SkylinerRon

That's a consignment dealer. Car owner probably wants $25k and dealer is trying to make $10k.

Ron.