News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Looking for a good back bumper for a Custom

Started by JPotter57, 2021-04-06 19:03

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Does anyone have a decent to nice driver rear bumper for a Custom series?  I bought one for a wagon/ranchero that was rechromed, apparently by Bumper Boyz, as most of the chrome is falling off and looks like total crap.  If paying for another, would prefer one without the extra holes.  Let me know, location and price, this one has to go.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

wv 57s forever

i might have one but its a long way to wv, can go upstairs and look if you want

lalessi1

James,

I think I still have one I took off of my car. It is not perfect but it is yours if you want it. Here is an old pic of the bumper still on the car.
Lynn

JPotter57

Heck yeah, Lynn..gimme a price and I'll come over to Baton Rouge and pick it up.  That looks brand new compared to mine.  The chrome on mine is about 3 years old, been stored inside all its life, but looks like it has been laying out in the Gulf of Mexico.  Huge chunks of chrome plating coming off the right side, looks terrible.  Thank you much.. 

Thank you too Alan.  If Lynn doesnt have one, I may need to form a road trip.  I had planned on getting up that way for the Columbus Spring Swap, but they cancelled it again..Killing me, man..Ive got junk to sell and no place to sell it without having to ship it.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

lalessi1

I'll make sure I still have it and get back with you.
Lynn

Wirenut

I've been looking for a custom rear bumper as well, I've been hesitant on buying one from bumper boys and another I checked reviews on and in California. Reviews were bad.
I do not like the 500 bumper and would even consider another bumper from another vehicle if one would fit and look descent. Has anyone on this site installed or know if any other bumpers might adapt/fit on a Fairlane other than Ranchero, Station Wagons, Or Customs?

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

bivenspack

58 Ford rear bumper or 58 Edsel rear bumper.

brushwolf

I prefer the 58 over 57 Fairlane bumpers on a Fairlane.  My axle storage frame is a 57 Custom and still has back bumper on the frame. Was nice, probably is not now after sitting at edge of woods for 20 years.
51 Victoria
55 Crown Victoria
55 Dodge Royal 2 Dr hdtp
56 Mercury Montclair 2 dr hdtp
57 Ford Sunliner
57 Ford Skyliner
57 Chev Bel Air 2 dr hdtp
57 Dodge Custom Royal 2 dr hdtp (factory hemi)
58 Ford Skyliner
58 Fairlane 500 4 dr
59 Thunderbird
60 Impala 2 dr hdtp
61 Galaxie Sunliner
62 Thunderbird

abe_lugo

Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

Wirenut

Thanks for the heads up. I looked at it but do not have reply priviledges, I just joined so it may take some time to allow access.

abe_lugo

You have to just be a member but with at least 10 posts. for Classifieds only Pm's allowed also. still need 10 post to PM anyhow.

SkylinerRon

Good cheap bumper chrome isn't possible  anymore. Too many EPA regs. I use Qualchrome in Erie Pa. You can use my 57 rear bumper for a mirror to shave with! There are many great shops around but, none are cheap.

I have heard Advance Plating in Portland Tn. does good work also.

Good luck,

Ron.

Hoosier Hurricane

Ranchero and wagon bumpers are slightly different than passenger Custom and 300 bumpers.  They have some extra holes to accommodate the bumper guard license lights and wires.   John

abe_lugo

cool info Hoosier Hurricane, nothing a couple bumper bolts can't cover if the chrome and price were right??