News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Heater delete engine bay block off plate

Started by lotsafords, 2011-10-09 13:50

Previous topic - Next topic

lotsafords

Installing under dash a/c & heating system in Ranchero, need a factory firewall bockoff plate.  Give me a call or email @ jackf@acespack.com.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jack

RICH MUISE

I have the common top-hole heater hole cover if you're interested. I welded mine shut...The bottom hole heater delete plate I'm guessing is as rare as hen's teeth. You would need to find a no-heater-ever parts car. Ford used alot of the heater delete plates at the factory, but the vast majority of them were removed to install the dealer installed heater option.
At one time I was going to use the lower heater hole with an aluminum plate functioning as the bulkhead for the aftermarket unit...something you might consider doing. Let me know if you want the upper plate. If you do, PM me your addresss and as soon as I find it, I'll get it on it's way.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lotsafords

Thanks for the input.  Thought all I needed was the plate which would cover the hole left after removing the heater box & core, a fairly large piece.
Jack

RICH MUISE

Not sure if I confused the issue here. There are two heater delete plates on cars that left the factory without heaters. (at least some models of the) factory heaters used both holes. Fords that left the factory without heaters had the delete covers on both holes. The dealer installed heaters were different from the factory heaters and they only used the larger bottom hole. (at least some models of the)The factory units drew in fresh air from the cowl area, but the dealer installed units did not. If your car had the top cowl plate still in place, then you had the dealer installed option, which is what I'm guessing you had because you said "the hole" left (singular not plural)
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

Yes, there are two plates.  My Dallas built Custom has both.  When I find them I will click some pictures so you will knowwhat to look for.  No, mine arent for sale.  :)
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

lotsafords

Thanks for all the good info.  Looking forward to the pics.
Jack

JPotter57

Here they are..I havent blasted them yet, so they're kinda grungy, but you can see what they look like.  Bottom one is pretty hard to find.  These came on my car, it was from Dallas, lived there all its life til I bought it.  I had a Custom 4 door, it also was everything delete, no clock, heater, radio, it had some of these plates, but I have given some away, lost them, etc.  If you find any, grab them and hold on to them.  By the way, these wouldnt be hard at all to make if you have a panel flanging tool.  Just something to think about.
Old, loud, and fast.

lotsafords

Might just be easier to put in a patch panel.  Thanks
Jack

JPotter57

They are hard to find, but not impossible.  Usually easy to find in the southwest and the south in general, try florida cars, especially Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona cars.  Mostly in Custom or Ranchero cars, utility vehicles.  I have a friend with a full set in a Courier...The courier is for sale if your interested, send me an email.
Old, loud, and fast.