News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

split brakes f/r

Started by bagboy, 2009-03-06 10:48

Previous topic - Next topic

bagboy

Anyone know proper duel m/cyl for manuel brakes [stock]? . I want to split the system.

shopratwoody

There's a couple listed in the MP Brake catalog on pg 41. WWW.MPBRAKES.COM.
pART #'S mc11488M & mc11323m. Or call ABS in Orange Ca. They appear just to be dual with equal
resevoirs and it states deep piston hole for manual brakes.
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

bagboy

Did it , came out great . Very eazy

foooordy

Ijust recently installed dual MC in my 58 Ranchero, Iused a MC from 1967 mer comet manual brakes, you will have to get acouple adapters to brake line. make sure you bleed MC fully and after install all brakes after finished. The MC was $20 and all the fittings i needed were $30. did same on 57 ranch wagon.
57 Foooordy

4banger

Hey Fooordy how you doing ? I ment how you doing George H. This is 4banger alias Smokin'Joe.  Small world

foooordy

HEY JOE FINALLY GETTING BACK TO YOU. hASKELL SAID HE RAN IN TO YOU TODAY. YOU GOING TO PARK FRI. I DIDNT PRE REG SO IM GOIN OUT THURSDAY AFTERNOON TO REGISTER. GOT MY CARPET TODAY PUT IT AND SEAT IN TOMORROW RREADY TO ROLL fRI MORN HOPEFULLY. WAGON IS BEING BUFFED AND POLISHED TODAY AND TOMORROW. LOT OF LITTLE THINGS TO DO. ITS BEEN 14 MONTHS IN THE WORK. ILL SEE YOU OUT THERE JOE.
57 Foooordy

mtrhed

Hey Bagboy - You got a supplier name and Part # for the Dual Master Cylinder that you bought ?
I would like to convert mine over from a single - still have original drums like yours. Thanks

bagboy

Used 67-68 non power mustang drum. Shucks was the cheapest. Only had to make one line.You will need a plug at line split,below M/C . good luck