News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

rear brake drums

Started by wolfpupsdad, 2009-12-28 12:54

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfpupsdad

does anyone know the wagner or bendix part # for the rear brake drum? and what other years fit our 57 rear axle assy.?

canadian_ranchero

hollander says 57 to 59 pass car with 11x1.75 brakes.s/w and ranchero will not fit

JPotter57

Thats right, I had forgotten about that.  Wagons and Rancheros use bigger drums, wider I think.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

YOu can use the car brakes with car backing plates, which you have.  I sent the drum to you yesterday, but if you want the wagons wider drums, youll need to find the wagon backing plates as well.
Old, loud, and fast.

wolfpupsdad

thanks james . actually the rear end i got from you is going under my 47 ford coupe .

wolfpupsdad

got the brake drum today james , thanks

glen b henderson

As a note, NAPA list rear brake shoes for a 57 ford but be warned they are the 2" shoes and will only fit the wagons and ranchero. I just had a round with the young counter guy at my local NAPA when he kept saying that they had to be the same because his computer said that they would fit. Anyone know of a parts store that list the 1 3/4" shoes?
Freedom is not Free

Lou

1966 to 1975 Bronco use 11x1.75 rear brake shoes.

JPotter57

I was about to say I used 63 F100 shoes on my last one, but I may have used the wider drums, cant remember...
Old, loud, and fast.