News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

Rich
    Since you abandoned Massachusetts and slipped out of town I just want you so see what you are missing. 
I don't know what a Subi is, but how will it work out in this weather?  This is the street in front of my house this morning.   At least it's nice and  warm in the house.  Honestly I can't blame you for leaving.  Jay

57 imposter

Rich... Be sure and let us know how it goes. that is a huge moment, at least for me, in one of these builds. Turn the key, it starts and you know that the 70 + - wires it takes to run one of those engines are all hooked up right. always makes for a really good day. Good Luck

hiball3985

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2015-02-09 12:47
Rich
    Since you abandoned Massachusetts and slipped out of town I just want you so see what you are missing. 
I don't know what a Subi is, but how will it work out in this weather?  This is the street in front of my house this morning.   At least it's nice and  warm in the house.  Honestly I can't blame you for leaving.  Jay
Jay I think you can legally qualify to convert to being Eskimo   :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Jim
    What I'm going through is a picnic compared to those poor people up there in Alaska.   It's like they never have a nice day.  If you notice they are even wearing coats in the summer.

RICH MUISE

Subi=Subaru. We had a foot of snow here a few weeks ago, my first chance to drive it in the snow. When I got home I told my wife we now had a snowmobile. It was better than my Jeep.
It's been in the high 60's here for a few days now, just loving it.
Tonight after dinner I'm going to try and start the engine. I spent most of the afternoon trying to figure out why my fuel pump wasn't working with the key in the run position. I found out a short while ago it wasn't suppose to!, or at least til the computer gets a signal from the engine that it's running. I found out the wire was getting power only with the starter cranking, but shut it off a few seconds after the key was released to the run position. Anyway, I bypassed the computer andI got the air out of the system, and fixed a leaky supply line (loose fitting). My wife wanted to be here when I started it anyway, so we'll have dinner, go buy a fire extinguisher, then come home and see if I can wake up the neighbors.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

Well, I typed that above post late this afternoon but never hit the "post" button. Anyway....I got the engine to start tonight...it kicked right over! YAHOOO!!! Now that's a milestone that took 10 years to reach! :burnout:
I'll post more in the engine install thread, but Jim's edit: Doug's(...sorry) post on the 70ish wires got me to wondering, so I counted them. I have 95 wires on my engine panel. That's not counting any of the engine wires for alternator, starter, etc on the chassis harness. One really good thing, the check engine light comes on when you turn the key to the on position as it should, like on the new cars, but it goes right out when the engine starts, which means it's not throwing any codes. YAHOOOO!!!
It's running a little rough when the idle rpms kick down, but I'm pretty sure that's because I've only got the downpipes on it back to the tranny area...no mufflers. I think it needs the mufflers for backpreasure to keep the idle smooth.

LAUDY57

Way to go Rich!!
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

Ecode70D

"Now that's a milestone that took 10 years to reach! "

Rich... You have to feel real good about that.  Now keep on going forward.   I'm very happy for you.  There is no way that I could ever figure my way through all those wires.

Zapato

one of the best moments is that first fire off, you won't forget this day. congrats!

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ford Blue blood

Well done sir!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

JPotter57

I don't know, Jay..I have a friend from high school that retired from the Air Force in Alaska, married a pretty eskimo girl, and stayed there.  This past autumn, he sent photos of them looking like they were in Hawaii, floral shirts shorts, and flip flops...He lives in Fairbanks.  I imagine its plenty cold there now, though.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ecode70D

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2015-02-10 08:23
I don't know, Jay..I have a friend from high school that retired from the Air Force in Alaska, married a pretty eskimo girl, and stayed there.  This past autumn, he sent photos of them looking like they were in Hawaii, floral shirts shorts, and flip flops...He lives in Fairbanks.  I imagine its plenty cold there now, though.

James....That place is too cold for me.    I have a niece that moved there and she likes it.   Whenever they have to go someplace, they have to use a plane.  That's what lots of people do up there.  Remember TomS ?  He lives in Anchorage.   We don't hear from him much anymore, but I have been in contacted with him.
       Rich that Subi sounds good especially if it goes through snow so nicely.  I didn't do the math, but what did it figure out to for gas mileage?   Now that your'e rolling don't stop working on your 57. Develop tunnel vision and don't get involved with those home projects.  HAHAHA.  Keep up the good work.  Jay   

RICH MUISE

I'm averaging about 29.5 mpg city and hiway. I'll tell my wife what you said about keeping away from the home projects..I have a feeling she won't be paying much attention though. Phoenix is coming up in a month, and after that it's back to the house stuff. She just spent a bunch on new furniture...maybe between that and our upcoming trip, she'll be too broke for house projects....I can always hope.

Ecode70D

"maybe between that and our upcoming trip, she'll be too broke for house projects....I can always hope."

Wanna bet????   They have a way of making home projects and wouldjado's  more important than.
   " That old car out there"  HAHAHA

BWhitmore

Check out the "custom" Ranchero currently on Ebay.  Quite creative, looks like a number of 57 Mercury parts.