News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

'57 Side trim questions

Started by 69supercj, 2010-05-26 07:08

Previous topic - Next topic

69supercj

I've got some side trim, the baseline stuff I believe, that came off of a 2dr. wagon. Its the long spear and then the funky looking piece that wraps over the body line and also has a short spear made into it that points forward. It mounts just behind the door below the pillar, sorry but its kinda hard to explain. What body style(s) will this fit? I can include a pic if needed.

RICH MUISE

welcome to the club 69supercj. This is a great site for all kinds of help, but in your case the first thing I'm going to suggest is hopping over to another site for a minute. If you go to 1957ford.com they have a ton of pics sorted by model designation. Just click on "models" in the left column and it'll bring up a list of all the 57 models offered..just look thru them until you spot the trim you have.   Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Bubba

Super CJ:
Welcome!
Rich is as usual correct the 57 web site is the place to go for trim and model information.
If you can't find what you're looking for at that site get back to us and we will try to assist.
BuBBA

wildhog

SUPERCJ69. GO TO HOME PAGE ,CLICK ON GALLERYS, CLICK ON UNDER CONSTRUCTION. 10TH ROW DOWN 3RD PIC, ACROSS VIEW 252. IF THIS IS THE TRIM YOU HAVE IT IS OFF A 57 2 DOOR WAGON. I DRILLED THE HOLES AND PUT IT ON A RANCHERO. HOPE THIS HELPS TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Zapato

Sounds to me like you have the basic bottom of the line Custom trim, often refered to as the hockey sticks.

Welcome! :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Zap..Hockey sticks are the pieces that go along the rocker panels from rear wheelwell to the front wheelwell, where the go up about a foot or so making them look like a hockey stick.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

that's news to me always referred to base trim on Customs as hockey sticks, but I see where that Fairlane rocker trim could also receive that title. :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

69supercj

Quote from: wildhog on 2010-05-26 18:14
SUPERCJ69. GO TO HOME PAGE ,CLICK ON GALLERYS, CLICK ON UNDER CONSTRUCTION. 10TH ROW DOWN 3RD PIC, ACROSS VIEW 252. IF THIS IS THE TRIM YOU HAVE IT IS OFF A 57 2 DOOR WAGON. I DRILLED THE HOLES AND PUT IT ON A RANCHERO. HOPE THIS HELPS TOM
Thats the trim. 9th row down though instead of 10th. :burnout: