News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Zapato's new project

Started by Zapato, 2011-05-24 15:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

New Grand Daughter born today At 5:17 am, 20 inches long 6.2 lbs, perfect in every way. Not a 57 model but still just perfect. Mom and daughter doing just fine.

Have a virtual cigar on me.

Zap- bawl
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ford Blue blood

Congrats!  My 4th is on the way (boy) and they are all great new models!  I guess I did OK as a Dad cause the first Grandson will be named after me and his other granddad...William Douglas...a smart and refined name..... :003:
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

shopratwoody

I hate blocksanding!

Hoosier Hurricane

Congrats, Zap.  Grandkids are so much fun I wish I'd had them first.  John

RICH MUISE

ditto on the congradulations, Zap, that's great. Does your daughter(or daughter-in-law?) live up there in your area?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Zapato

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2011-05-25 06:18
ditto on the congradulations, Zap, that's great. Does your daughter(or daughter-in-law?) live up there in your area?

Like many others ,these days,we welcomed our daughter, son-in-law and now 2 grand daughters to live us. Its been working out great. S-I-L was layed off from his job last year and it would have been real difficult for them to even get by. Not an uncommon situation that young couples are facing today worldwide. I loved the fact that my girls lived with us for the first 3-4 years of my g-daughters life. Really fun participating in her life.We talked our S-I-L to return to school and he's hoping to get into nursing school next year so they'll be here for 3-4 years. History repeating itself. With the exception that with the first one there was no dad in the picture, just a slime ball that thankfully we haven't seen in over 9 years. So now I'll have the pleasure of another best friend to pal around with, and being retired should really allow for even more quality time.

So to answer your question, yup they live in "your area". Couldn't be any better.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

cool57

F570RD

bossguy

Congrats Zap! way to go

57AGIN

Great job and good for you and your family.  Over the years my wife and I have had the opportunity to have our daughter live with us for a while, when she was having some difficulties with her first marriage.  We got to know and help with raising for a couple of years a really neat grandson who is now about to graduate from high school.  Our daughter has since remarried and our new son-in-law is a wonderful guy and a great father.  They now are a family of 5, live close to us and we join them at Disneyland 2 or 3 times a month.  What a joy.  But, we've also been blessed with having provided shelter and educational opportunities for about 13 other youngsters, that for one reason or another were having difficulties with their homelives or schooling.  Most of these have gone onto successful careers or marriages and now have their own children and our extended family of grandkids has grown to over 30.  We have been truly blessed, as have you Zap.

Bob
57 AGIN

Roothawg

RICH MUISE

Zap, Bob...sounds like you're getting these kids off in the right direction...I really admire you both for that. Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Rich, don't really think we're doing anything spectacular. In our family when any kind of problem surfaces we just put it on my parents.  I instantly think what would mom or dad do, its pretty easy following their example. These days I see more young adults returning home. Not by choice but out of necessity. Just glad that we are in position to help.

Zap- :unitedstates:

Zapato

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com