News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

tires

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2012-01-06 11:40

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

ok,  time for a new years dumb question,    got my new set of tires today,  and storing the old ones,  should i leave the air in or out?,    and when i get them mounted i'll post a new picture,      jerry                           OK,  tried to post picture,  says file is to big,   i forgot how to downsize it,   any one know how?,      no new wheels,   from a 57 bird,  tires   are diamond back fury  205/75R14                        ok,   to get  a bigger picture, give it a 1 click

RICH MUISE

Apparently you got a new set of wheels as well...what'd ya get?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

shopratwoody

I would leave them inflated and covered from light. :002:
I hate blocksanding!

Zapato

Quote from: shopratwoody on 2012-01-06 12:56
I would leave them inflated and covered from light. :002:

Ditto, see if you can get a set of the plastic bags the tire stores use when they switch out snow tires.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Lou

The most important thing about storing tires to keep them out of sun light.

JimNolan

Jerry,
  I think I read on the Diamondback website that you aren't suppose to lay or stand one tire against another that would allow the blackwall of one to touch the whitewall of the other. Seems the juices from the blackwall letches into the whitewall. They even go to extremes by placing some material between the white rubber and black rubber when they vulcanize the white onto the tire. They say that's why some white walls have brown or yellow patches on them after they get so old.
  As far as to store them inflated or not, I have no idea. The one post that says keep them in a dark place is correct. I've heard that too.
  These tires I've bought from Hoosier says if they freeze they will be damaged. First time I'd heard that tires aren't suppose to be in freezing conditions. Don't know how I made it as long as I have up here in Northern Indiana. Jim  PS.  Jerry, there is no such thing a a dumb question, just as long as you can take shame, ridicule and embarrasment after you ask it. LOL
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.