News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

One more time....Please read: Auto Photo Resizing

Started by JPotter57, 2012-01-22 18:21

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

OK, guys, I will try this again.  Last night, I attempted to apply a new mod to the forum, which would automatically resize the photos for you.  Something happened, and I had to take it back down.  I have it straightened out now, and the mod is back in place.  When you post a photo, it will automatically resize. If your file is directly out of your digital camera, it is usually pretty big.  You can post the big file, even if it is a .bmp or .png file, and it will resize, reformat it to .jpg and post it.  I tested it with several 3 and 4 mb files last night and it worked great.  I may need to adjust the size of the pictures it resizes to, so we will look at it more.  Anyway, that will alleviate some of the problems some of you guys had been having posting photos that were too large.

One last thing, when you post a picture, make sure the file is named correctly.  The syntax must be correct or it will cause massive problems with the SQL server.  In other words, make sure there are no apostrophes, asterisks, question marks, spaces etc in the file name.  If there are, rename the file using only alpha-numeric characters (letters, numbers), underscore or dash, and periods, nothing else.  Thanks guys, enjoy this new feature... :burnout:
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

62galxe

ive tried adding pictures. nothing happens when i click add picture.

JPotter57

Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

It works.  The add photo button is for if you have your photo hosted at a site like flikr or photobucket, there is a place for your URL there..
To add pictures to the forums here, don't use the quick reply at the bottom of the page.  At the bottom of the last post, you will see on the right side of the screen, a blue tool bar, marked Reply | Notify | Add Poll | Send the Topic | Print.
Click the reply button.  A window will open up with a large text box.  At the lower left of the text box, you will see Additional Options.  Click that, after you have typed in your text.  A drop down menu will open, you will see a button that says Choose File, beside a bold text marker that says Attach.  Click the choose file button.  A window will open allowing you to browse your computer folders to find the photos you want to add.  Once you select your photo, you will see beside that button, the file name of the photo you chose.  If you want to add another photo, look directly to the right, and you will see more attachments link.  Click that and another choose file button will appear, and you can add another, no more than two or it may result in an error.  When you are finished, just look below that and you will see three buttons, one that is marked Post, one Preview and one Spell Check.  When you are ready, click the Post and wait.  It may take a few minutes depending on your internet speed and the size of the file.  I am on DSL, and posted a 4 mb file last night during testing in about half a minute or so.  If you have cable or some other fast connection, it will go much quicker.  I will post these instructions in a general post, and make it sticky to help people with the photos sharing process...Let me know if you have any more trouble.
Old, loud, and fast.

wv 57s forever

wv 57s forever

JPotter57

Glad you guys like it. Just remember, syntax is important now when naming your image files, dont use commas, apostrophes, asterisks or blank spaces in your images, only periods, underscores and dashes are accepted now..
Old, loud, and fast.

57AGIN

wv57s forever:

Nice bunch of Custom and Custom 300's.  About the only time we can get this many 57's together out West is at the Knott's show in April.  Where was this taken and when?

Bob
57 AGIN

Fairlane500Ron

I like the larger size the pictures now open to.
Much, much better.
Thanks
Ron

wv 57s forever

that pic was taken in coloumbus ohio at the race track,
really not sure of the year i think james was there maybe he rembers.

JPotter57

That was in 2002, our first get together...we had 26 57 Fords parked rogether...
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

don't know if it's me, but I can't get it to work. when I rename my file, then double click to attach, a lengthy file name with all kinds of slashes, and punctuation and spaces comes up. If i try to remane it in the attachment box, as soon as I try to delete a character, it deletes the whole file. If I just wait to see what happens if I just hit the post button with the lengthy file name, it times out and disconnects.
I guess I just don't know how to rename a file and have it post as such at the attach button window
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

wv 57s forever

James

I am sorry but I wasn't a member in 2002. So i looked in the newsletters and found the reverse of that pic in Sept/Oct 2003. I did go to Columbus in 2002 and talked to you i think, but you were heading home  and that's when i learned about the club and later joined .

:burnout:

62galxe

When trying to post in the gallery you dont have the option of reply notify etc.

JPotter57

It doesnt auto resize in the gallery, only here on the message boards.  Business as usual in the gallery.
Old, loud, and fast.