News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

a little progress

Started by RICH MUISE, 2012-01-25 13:44

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I finally got one door totally finished. As some of you suggested in a post a few months ago,I stripped and epoxy primered the garnish rail, then sprayed a commercial quality adhesive (Landeau top contact cement), and covered the rail with the new lighter colored vinyl I'm changing to in place of the darker tan I posted on earlier posts of my dash and console. The grab handle is an overhead assist handle out of an 90's Chrysler product, covered and sprayed to match.
Not much progress, but at least it's something.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Frankenstein57

Rich, your attention to detail is awesome as usual . Keep up the good work! Mark

Wirenut

Wow, Vintage car with a modern interior.. Looks great. The Ring brothers turn out projects like that. I thought I was doing a good job on mine until I saw yours.. Thanks Rich :002: :002:

tarheel57

Nice work,going to be sharp !!    Tarheel57

JimNolan

Rich,
   That's going to be a beautiful car when you get done. Nice work. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Custom300Madman

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2012-01-25 13:44
I finally got one door totally finished. As some of you suggested in a post a few months ago,I stripped and epoxy primered the garnish rail, then sprayed a commercial quality adhesive (Landeau top contact cement), and covered the rail with the new lighter colored vinyl I'm changing to in place of the darker tan I posted on earlier posts of my dash and console. The grab handle is an overhead assist handle out of an 90's Chrysler product, covered and sprayed to match.
Not much progress, but at least it's something.

I love the vinyl! The modernized door panel looks great with the paint and the creativity is a nice touch using the (oh no!) handle.  :003: two thumbs up!
1957 Ford Custom 300 Fourdoor, with factory 312 yblock