News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Completely Original 57 Ford

Started by JimNolan, 2012-01-30 10:51

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Guys,
   Is there anyone on this forum that has or is restoring a 57 Ford to completely original condition using original parts, paints and upholstery? Also, is there anyone on this forum that knows where there's one for sale. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

JPotter57

Check with Lou, Jim.  Who is looking to buy said mythical creature?
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JimNolan

James,
Who do you think? If I could pick one up I liked for a good price it'd give me something to dabble with. There's one on ebay now I like in Oregon but they want too much for it. Jim PS I'm down to three vehicles now.

JPotter57

What do you want, Fairlane, Custom, Custom 300, Sunliner?  I'll keep my eyes open.
Old, loud, and fast.

JimNolan

James,
   I think a 2 dr. Custom 300 would be a real nice car. Any engine with automatic transmission. Jim

Jerrys Kars

I am entertaining the sale of my 57 Fairlanes. One a Club Victoria and the other a Club Sedan. Both have non-original paint and interiors.
540-622-3560. Prices- Club Sedan $10K-Club Victoria $21K

Lou

I called the guys I sold my 2 57 Victoria to several years ago, a Farilane 500, and a Fairlane, but they are not interestined in selling. Both were 100% stock, but I did use some repo parts and the interiors were correct but from ABC. FYI-- Ron sold ABC to Lebaron-Bonney they are still first class and correct.
You might be able to find a not to far off non-original car and bring it back, I did this several years ago and made a killing when I sold it. I see a lot of 57 for sale with the wrong interiors, and a few non-original engine dress up items and/or wheels. Many could be returned to stock for less than $4000, and a weekends work. It all depends on what the seller is asking and what you want to spend.

JimNolan

I think the best thing for me to do is take a partial trade for my 63 Galaxie. I'm not in love with that car anyway. I'm going to have to sit down a figure my options. I could get a nicer 57 that way and still be able to complete a 57 the way I want. Trouble is, I don't even know how to go about advertising for that kind of deal. Jim

JPotter57

advertise your `63 for sale, or will trade for `57 Custom 300 of equal value.  You should get some hits that way.
Old, loud, and fast.

Frankenstein57

Jim, my friend Frank who you may have heard me talk about, he's a local dirt track legend. He is restoring a custom 300 that he found in Phoenix. He sparked an interest after seeing my stuff finally hit the street.  He doesn't care for all the mods, keeping it stock as possible. Even stock colors. He's not a computer guy, I'll get some pics and run a thread closer to spring.  Good luck hunting! Mark