News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Snow

Started by JimNolan, 2012-02-04 09:03

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

We got a real wet heavy snow last night. I had to plow the driveway this morning and it was a pain in the _ _ _. You have to hook up the blade and make sure all the hydraulic lines are hooked in the right place. I'm just glad I hadn't taken the Hoosier Pro's off the 57. You need as much traction as possible pushing snow. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

briney

46 in Dallas right now 9:17 am  high of 65 for the day..  been in the 70's all week.

Patrick / Dallas  :unitedstates:
If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: JimNolan on 2012-02-04 09:03
We got a real wet heavy snow last night. I had to plow the driveway this morning and it was a pain in the _ _ _. You have to hook up the blade and make sure all the hydraulic lines are hooked in the right place. I'm just glad I hadn't taken the Hoosier Pro's off the 57. You need as much traction as possible pushing snow. Jim

:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Zapato

almost feel bad, we're having a unseasonaly warm spell mid 50s and sunny. actually got out yesterday and started cleaning up some flower beds. Lots of things starting to pop out of the ground. Got a chance to take care of some winter damage.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

JimNolan

You guys are killing me. I will say that up until last night we've had it pretty good. I got to put maybe 100 miles on each of the cars in the last two weeks. I don't like for them to sit too long. As long as there's not any salt on the road I want to drive them. I saw something put on the road the other day that I don't understand and I've never seen before. It couldn't have been good though.  It was a liquid chemical coming out of a tanker. Scared me, I was in the 57. I know it had to be something for snow because they used it mainly at the intersections and turns. Jim

rmk57

It could be a brine solution of salt and water, thats what were using in Vancouver these days. Or if it has an oily consistency it could be Magnesium Chloride. Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

smurfee

Or if its brown & stinky it could be ???????? :unitedstates: :icon_bigsmurf:
NEVER LOOK BACK

57AGIN

Jim:

If you wouldn't mind the traffic or our wonderful California State taxes you could move out here and forget about snow FOREVER.  70 degrees today, 75 degrees expected tomorrow, maybe some clouds on Tuesday & Wednesday, then back to 70's and the Winternationals, working on the 57 etc.  Of course you do have to give up having seasons and being near all the good race tracks in the country, life is tough. LOL

Bob
57 AGIN

JimNolan

Bob.
   I have the utmost respect for any decent, hard working person that chooses to live in the Los Angles area. People from Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio and Indiana area are known for they're toughness and ability to endure hardship. We pale in comparison to a person that lives in the LA Basin.
By the way, have you stood back and just looked at how nice a 57 you're putting together. Jim

Frankenstein57

Jim, we want to see some pics of the 57 with the plow on it! :blob6: :blob6:

JimNolan

Well here's on photo after I first got it. I haven't taken many pictures of it because the paint is chiped and looks ugly now. All the neighbors seem to want their driveways plowed when I do mine. Jim LOL

F570RD

LMAO...Not much snow here in Mpls.A reprieve form last winter.

Frankenstein57

You bring new meaning to the phrase "daily driver"

JimNolan

I need to be more careful. Everyone on here knows I'm a little crazy. I don't want them thinking I'm insane. Jim LOL

geraldchainsaw

what snow?,    heard the neighbor playing with his motor bike so i started up the 57,  not going for a ride but tempted,  its around 50 here and feels like spring,  guess i'll start looking for a good polishing outfit so i'll be ready when its a little warmer,      and besides that i'm not a football fan so i have plenty of time