News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Super Bowl Commercials

Started by JimNolan, 2012-02-06 08:44

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Guys,
   You got to admit that Chrysler and GM had really good Super Bowl Commercials. But, while you admire their innovative theatrical productions you need to remember that we the taxpayer gave GM and GMAC 67 billion dollars, of which they've paid back 26 billion. Chrysler got 11 billion of which they have paid back 7 billion.
    Ford on the other hand didn't spend millions on a TV commercial for the Super Bowl. They used the money to build the best selling pick-up in a number of years, keep it's workers out of the unemployment lines and pay it's taxes so the government could give it to GM and Chrysler to stay in business and make really neat Super Bowl Commercials.  Jim  PS  During the bailout, Ford was asked how they felt about GM and Chrysler needing funds to stay in business. Fords response was that they NEEDED GM and Chrysler. They said the future of the American Auto Industry depended on all three auto makers being solvent.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

geraldchainsaw

right on,    people think that they payed back all the money,   and that sure hurts for the next election,  u know where the credit goes

Ford Blue blood

My daughter married a guy from the dark side.....I just love to bust her (and his) chops when one of their cars happens to crap itself.  The discussion about the Volt was very tense, it had not hit the show room floors yet and the 50 miles per charge had gone out the window (it was 40 miles then) and he insisted it was just "stupid car guys" that didn't know crap about cars and now that it is out there and being subsidized by us the tax payer it is only good for 25 - 30!.....WTF?

Two rules at my house....rice burners and "goverment vehicles" park on the street OR behind the shop where no one can see them.  I do have my repurtation to look after you know.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

JimNolan

Guess what,
    On the news awhile ago they were saying that a lot of people were wondering how GM and Chrysler were able to afford commercials like that when they still owe the taxpayers money. Seems the government suppose to have some say in how they conduct business while they still owe us. Wouldn't it be a surprise to find out the government wasn't doing their job again. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.