News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

I'm lost without internet

Started by RICH MUISE, 2012-02-08 20:57

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Due to my sister-in-laws passing in December, we were changing names on some of the accounts that were in her name (we three lived together), to my wife's name. Direct tv was ridiculous in that the only way they could change names on the account was to come to the house and remove all of the equiptment and replace it with the same thing...ridiculous as I said but at least we had no down time. AT&T phones were no problem...lengthy forms but the gal at the AT&T store was incredibly efficient and knowledgable..again no down time. However the internet was a different story..once again they had to disconnect the old service and told us (over two hours on the phone with the service rep) it would be 2-3 days before the new service was turned on...WTF??
Three days later, we called to find out why we didn't have service and after two days of calling and trying to get a person(not computer) who actually spoke English, we found out no work order had ever been put in, so that was taken care of, but of course we would have to wait another 5 days for the service tech to come to our house...which never hapened. Anyways 10 days later we're finally back on line. I sure missed finding out what's going on in the world over a few cups of coffee.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

Im sorry to hear about your sister Rich, I hadnt heard about that until now.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ford Blue blood

Rich my condolences on the loss of your sister.  We did miss you!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II