News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

paint colors

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2012-06-21 07:54

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

ok,  i'm lazy,   but i'll still go to a few paint stores to look at their charts,  but also maybe someone knows the name of the colors of my 57 ford conv,   i do know the top color is a sea foam green,  but don't  know the bottom color,   anyone out there know it?,  forgot to say,  i contacted green field village & they want to charge me 45 bucks a hours to check it out for me.  thanks    Jerry

glen b henderson

looks like Cumberland green to me
Freedom is not Free

RICH MUISE

Jerry...I'm not sure what the green field village you refered to is, but the paint shops in my area don't charge to do a laser digital color scan. Problem is, it sounds like your car is disassembled, and the easiest way would have been to bring your car there.
Realistically, I wouldn't expect any paint company to match a paint perfectly without bringing them what you need to match....(and a perfect match the first shot will probably be highly unlikely)I don't believe they would be able to scan a headlight ring (easiest part on your car to remove) because I think they need something flat to rest the hand held scanner on....so maybe a door will unfortunatly end up being the easiest.
Also, according to the charts @ the 1957ford website the guys mentioned above, your top color is willow green.
jmho
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

geraldchainsaw

thanks guys,  comberland green & willow green seem to be what i was looking for,   thaksk again,  jerry

billpatton

I have a 57 Country Squire station wagon.  It was an original paint, unmolested example.  The sheet metal apron (between the grill and the bumper) was sort of a flat silver color and I repainted the body in its original white with the silver apron.  Now, I wonder if the apron was originally silver or could have been a replacement along the way?  I've seen just as many aprons in silver as I have in the body color even on show restore cars.  Anyone know the correct apron color when new?

geraldchainsaw

its a gray silver type paint,    and i'm sure its correct,  the ones painted a matching color, is just their perference

gasman826

the gravel guards came that color...argent?

Ford Blue blood

Yup, Argent....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

lowrider

Thats one of the things I look for on restored 57's. It doesnt matter with the resto-mod type cars but one restored "original" should be the argent color. The one thing that gets me like fingernails across the chalkboard is bumpers painted the body color. I'd rather see a dull, dented chrome bumper than that. Ok I'm done ranting.

gasman826

rants accepted...mostly welcome