News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Sunflower swap meet..Witchita, Ks.

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-02-02 08:35

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Well, I got too antsy for a road trip, so went on up to Witchita Thursday, and spent most of Friday there. Guys, this is one heck of a swap meet. It's indoors, parts are in two very large buildings, complete cars in a third. The meet was totally sold out..elbow to elbow with buyers also. I don't think I'd ever been to a meet with so much stuff being carried out also. I spent 7 hours in the parts buildings. Did I see any '57 ford stuff..nope!! There may have been engine stuff there, but as far as body parts, etc...I didn't see anything at all.
Not specifically '57 ford, but one guy there did have a lot of 9" posi units. he had probably 8 or 10 posi's in different gear ratios. $350. a unit. He had one posi w/ 3:50's( I think) in an 'N' housing. That one was 650. I think most of them were the 28 spline, but had a few 31's. I've got his card so if anyone is interested, let me know and I'll post it.
The bummer part of the trip was that I had a chance to meet one of our members...Tanker..lives in the area and I didn't realize it til I got back and just saw his post this morming.
There was a project car for sale..'57 2 dr hardtop..no engine, pretty rotted out, bad trim, glass. I didn't even take a pic. $1500. obo
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Thor

Rich,
There were some 57 parts but they were gone by 8-9 am. Not a lot mind you. Tail Lights and some hubcaps :003: Sorry I missed you. Maybe next year!

RICH MUISE

Must have started earlier than I thought. I thought I read 8 a.m. I killed a few hours in the morning and got there at 8 am exactly. The place already had people carrying stuff out the doors, and there were hundreds of spectators all over.
Btw, those posi rear ends I mentioned were all used, as pulled from the cars.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Thor

Went back there this afternoon. Guy with the posi's only had 3 left. 1ea. 28 spline with 3.00 gears and 2ea. 31 spline units with 3.50 gears. I picked up a fairly complete add on A/C unit for a 58-64 Ford with a 352-390 FE (compressor, evaporator, condenser and idler pulley along with all the hoses but missing the blower) out of a 63 Galaxy with 49K miles for $150 as the show was closing. I know the underdash unit is different but I have a correct underdash unit that I picked up last year at this same swapmeet. This meet tends to be shy on 57-59 Ford stuff but has about everything else you could think of. Great show for old model T stuff along with brand x and Mustangs. Saddest thing I saw there was a beautiful 54 Ford with a 4.3 V6 brand x engine/trans combination!. :blowup1: I can't believe that anyone in there right mind would do that to a great old Ford!