News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Cool new goodies coming....

Started by JPotter57, 2013-06-26 18:48

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Thanks to Frank Rice and Pat Fleischman, I have some cool stuff on the way for the Custom.  From Frank, I am getting a new blower bracket, idler pulley and carb bonnet for the F-code 312.  From Pat, as soon as my check gets to him, I will be getting a set of heads and some other assorted parts for the VR57-58 setup I am piecing together.  Thanks a bunch guys, I couldn't do it without you.  The body will be coming out of the shop this week, to get ready for washing, blocking, filling, more blocking, and more blocking, followed by, yep, more blocking.  Then will come the rest of the urethane paint followed closely by the new rubber and glass.  I figured I would go ahead and bite the bullet and order the full set of glass from Auto City Classic...not bad deal, all glass in factory tint for a little over $950.I am hoping to see some big progress by the end of summer, including having at least the short block ready to assemble.  Anybody else on here with any F-code stuff they want to sell, let me know.  I am almost done collecting, but you never know.  I have my air filter housing about 1/4 fabricated.  Still would like to have a real one.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JimNolan

Sounds like your on you way, it should be a neat car.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Ecode70D

[quote author=JPotter57 link
The body will be coming out of the shop this week, to get ready for washing, blocking, filling, more blocking, and more blocking, followed by, yep, more blocking. 
[/quote]

Blocking, blocking, blocking, blocking,blocking.  I know what you mean.  It ain't fun!!!!!

RICH MUISE

Nice to see some posts by the man!! great to hear you're finding what you needed for the f code stuff. I saw your unibody on facebook, btw, great looking truck. Have you decided on a color for the car yet? The unibody color looks very close to what I put on my Custom...it would make a neat pair the same color on both!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

Actually Rich, the paint on the uni is just very old black enamel..it really does look gray in person, lol...it will be ge5ting new black urethane this fall.  My 57 will receive new Boss 302 grabber yellow urethane.  I let my little boy help pick out the color..we both like us some yellow..
Old, loud, and fast.

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2013-06-27 09:23
..we both like us some yellow..

along with every bug in the greater south central US......... :003:

Good choise, my 70 Boss 302 was/is Grabber Yellow......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

57AGIN

James & Others interested in F-Code stuff:

Bob Benter out here on the left coast has a VR-57 still in the box.  I don't know what he's asking, but it is new.

Bob
57 AGIN

suede57ford

I will be doing some VR57 Blower rebuilds and converting them to modern SN internals. We had several sets of the conversion parts made and I will be doing some blowers in the next few weeks. 

Let me know if you want your name on the list for the conversion parts as they will all be called for soon and I'm sure this will be the last run of parts.

57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

rmk57

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2013-06-27 15:20
along with every bug in the greater south central US......... :003:

Good choise, my 70 Boss 302 was/is Grabber Yellow......

Actually 1970 Boss 302's were bright yellow. Grabber yellow didn't come out until 1971. I had a 1970 429 drag pack ranchero that was bright yellow and comparing it to a 71 grabber yellow Mach 1 the mustang seemed to have a bit more green in it.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

JPotter57

email coming your way Pat, and yes, I want on the list....Bob, how much?  I have a good working supercharger, just want to do the upgrade per Pat, however, this one is new...interesting.
Old, loud, and fast.