News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Carpet for a Ranchero

Started by BBoswell, 2015-02-01 23:26

Previous topic - Next topic

BBoswell

Does anyone know where I might get pre-made carpet for my Ranchero that looks good and fits nice. It seems the upholstery shops in my area wants an arm and leg to do the carpeting in my Ranchero. I'm not looking for Rolls Royce plush wool carpet with 24 caret gold edging . . . just basic black carpet that fits.

57chero

I bought my ranchero carpet through www.stockinteriors.com it fit right and was reasonably priced.

SkylinerRon

Most of the carpet kits sold is made by a very few co's.
You can have from the stock loop to all sorts of plushs.
I've found even JCWhitney kits are very good (any of sellers
will send you free samples).
All the usual Ford vendors sell carpet sets.
Goodluck,
Ron.

BBoswell

Thanks, I check them out.

BBoswell

57chero . . . so many choices . . . did you get the molded carpet or the hand sewn carpet kit.

57chero

I used the molded carpet, another good thing is they give you a little extra around the edges so you can trim to fit.

Zapato

Had a co-worker that did upholstery on the side, he ordered for me a one piece molded carpet for my daughters VW rabbit. Best advise he gave me was to replace the pad and to lay the carpet out in the sun to help make it pliable and easier to install. Have no idea who made it and it wasn't Mercedes wool but it was as good or better than the stock carpet. And it also had excess on the sides to trim to fit. Now a warm sunny day in Oregon is probably not going to be seen soon so at least spread it out inside the house for 24 hours before install.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

BBoswell

How deep are the stock wells in the floor behind the seat. My Ranchero is a very low ProStreet car and the wells have been removed to make room for the mufflers to tuck up higher to clear the ground. This makes me think the molded carpet is out . . . depending on how deep the wells are.

RICH MUISE

Boz...if you are running a console up front a glue down using yardage would be another option. I did the glue down on mine, but not sure I would have attempted it if it were not for my console. The rear footwells were the difficult part for me. I personally don't like the looks of a sewn carpet with the border edging sewn on. I couldn't find a molded carpet color I liked...not sure I was aware of the online sources back then...therefore decided to give the yardage a shot..worked out well, just took me over a week to lay down the jute w/aluminum facing and the carpet.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

ACC in Anniston, AL supplies carpets for all the Ford vendors I have used over the years.  They do have a web site, you can order from it or call them.  They will ship extra flat pieces should you order a molded set.

As mentioned earlier, lay out the molded set in the sun carpet side up for a couple of hours to get it good and warm.  Then put it in place and let it "rest" for a couple of days.  Following this procedure will make fitting much easier and it will lay flat much better.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II