News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New stuff.

Started by alvin stadel, 2021-05-03 20:39

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

Hey you guys at my age I get bored real eazy. There hasn't been a good new post in at least 6 days. I don't care if we talk about Gary's 4 inch  sticky slicks on that high powered black 70D or if we talk abou8t your wifes ingrown pubic hair on her left knee cap, but lets get some thing going. I  like to here about what you are doing.  Don't give me this it's to nice outside crap. take care, Alvin

djfordmanjack

Hey Alvin, Jay (Ecode70D) asked me to post his pics. He and Dave were attending an early morning cruise last Sunday in Plymouth, MA. He says a lot of cars showed up and isnt it great to see 2x 57s next to each other ?
So why not talk about White Lightning, which as  a matter of fact is a 70D !  :001:

RICH MUISE

White lightning looks great, Jay! Thanks for posting, Gunter. Now we have something to discuss...........the way the Ranchero was two-toned. I hate to criticize anyone's ride, but............Looks to be a great restoration, but If it's finished, I don't like the all white tailgate. Just doesn't look right to me. I think I would have ended the red in a verticle line under the taillights. What do ya think? I don't see Joe's car anywhere.
Too bad John Vera and Joe weren't there..coulda been 4!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

alvin stadel

You are right Rich, it looks like they just took the tail gate off another and forgot to paint it.  Then again maybe just haven't had time to paint it.   I know that when you are at a cruse or car show with a 57 ford you are a minority.  That said they sure have a way of brightening up a show, no matter what color or model.

Ecode70D

Günter... thank you very much for posting the pictures for me.  That's something that I just can't do.   Günter is the person that came up with the name White Lightning for my plain Jane custom and I think that is is going to stick

Guys.   All I can say is that I was actually blown away when I arrived at that  Sunday morning cruise with Dave in the red and white Ranchero. I expected it to be just a few cars  There were several hundred cars of all different types. With the epidemic, I haven't been to a car cruise in well over a year.  Up until just a few years ago. I had been professionally building old cars for well over 50 years. One of the things that I often do is try to advise people to not take cars completely apart because in my lifetime I have seen countless cars not go back together again. 

Dave proved me wrong with his RW Ranchero.  Last summer he installed  an FE engine and it runs like a clock  I was shocked when I found out that he disassembled the car in the fall. Somehow he did all the body work, reassembled it and painted it and  was driving it in the springtime.  I'm 80 and he is just a couple of years behind me. This was all done in a small shed that he extended just enough to get the car in but can't raise the hood. He does not do computer very much but is also a member of this site.

hiball3985

Thanks for posting G, and Jake for the back story. Great to see another old timer that still works on his car.
I question the division point on the paint also, and mine is the same way. I think it is wrong from what pictures I have seen in literature. I know how mine got that way, the previous owner had the paint done based off of a model car.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

travis20

Hi   All Travis here thats my Rancho I think the tail gate is right but only had a model to go byI had a red and white one back in 1962 and it was that way dose any one no the rear end codes for my Ranch0

RICH MUISE

OOPS...........I knew after I posted that I should have been a bit more diplomatic. I violated our unofficial rule about not criticizing other's cars. You have my sincere apologies!! I should have just asked if it was the way Ford did it...........I really don't know.

djfordmanjack

I think it is an interesting topic though. I wonder if there was something like an early vs late in the model year paint scheme difference or how Rancheros came from factory. Also there are Rancheros that have the swept 300 side trim, but only a single stainless strip. and some I have seen with the styletone anodized gold trim and twin ss swept trim.
As goes for wagons, that came with swept sidetrim, they have the rare paint dividers on the upper portion of the tailfin. so all of the lower tailgate and fins up to the D post ( which of course a Ranchero doesnt have) are also painted lower body color. here's how mine looks.

as you can see, the potmetal taillight housings are also all lower body color all around on mine. I like how the tailfins on Daves Ranchero are all white on the upper portion.

Ecode70D

I just got off the phone from talking to Travis20 Dave with the red and white Ranchero because I was wondering what he meant by his rear end question.  Actually he has two  questions.

Ques. 1   Should the Ranchero tail gate be one color or two?  He is willing to repaint the lower section red if necessary.
Ques  2  What should the rear end gear ratio be for that car ?   It came with a Y block  He wants something higher. The rear end tag has been removed              i

Contibob

If the Ranchero had the paint trim piece on top of the rear fenders the tail gate would be Red. The red paint would go all the way up to the trim. If no trim pieces the red would stop at the seam below the tail light. Everything would be white between the seams.

RICH MUISE

Makes sense to me.

57chero

I repainted mine the way it was originally, Starmist blue / Colonial white.

RICH MUISE

SOOOOOOOOOOO pretty!!

1930artdeco

I have been busy fighting with the Misses...and she is winning at the moment. Every time I go to remove something to rebuild it is one step forward and two back. She shore was beat to hell in her previous life. Hope to have actual pics of her parts this weekend.

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan