News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New stuff.

Started by alvin stadel, 2021-05-03 20:39

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

I like yours...it runs...it gets driven...and who needs it to be the same as all the others? I used to show Concurs and was always asked to judge. Wouldn't do it...can't bring myself to tell someone his car isn't "right". If the owner likes it...then it's right...and that is all that is important! JMHO!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Jim Thank you for the picture of the back of your car and Jeff thank for that one which you came up with.  Now my head is spinning and
I'm thinking that there are all kinds of combinations of paint that have been applied to Rancheros and it is not going to be easy trying to figure  out  which ones could be correct . 
     I'm just going to go with what Terry stated "As long as they are drivable, paint is optional".  Jay

mustang6984

I would say that the paint should be what YOU want it to look like...if you're happy...then everyone else should be as well!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ecode70D

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2021-05-06 22:20
I would say that the paint should be what YOU want it to look like...if you're happy...then everyone else should be as well!
Hugh
    That's absolutely correct.  Jay

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2021-05-06 22:20

2X  Yup, never built a car to please anyone else.  If you're happy that's all that matters!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

djfordmanjack

I know I have said it times and times again, but I just love your Ranchero, Jim. Even though ( to the best of my knowledge) the red and black paint combo might not have been a factory option ( or was it?) And I am not even a fan of black and red cars. but it does work so well, also together with the wheels and tire choice. it just has the 'looking spot on' feel to it.
Knowing it is driven a lot probably adds to the joy.

Jay, we might want to say that another friend of yours also has a 57 R in a a similar Red/black color scheme and I really like his as well.

Ecode70D

That's correct Günter.   I had forgotten about that one.  It's a nice one also.

hiball3985

Thank you for the nice comments G. I think the red/black combo was originally available, but can't say 100%. It wouldn't be my first choice if I had done the paint myself but it came that way and I can live with it. The only selling point when I decided to buy it was the body work, paint was done even if not my first choice, it was a stick trans and everything was there even if none of it worked. If it had been an auto trans I would have walked away.. You can't believe what a  mechanical/electrical disaster this thing was. You can put all the paint in the world on a turd but in the end it's still a turd  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Well Jim.   This is going to be the very first time that I sorta disagree with you.....
     If it were me and I was buying your car, I would have bought it even if it had that dreadful automatic transmission.  Then very promptly I would have driven it into the shop and walked over to my stash pile of 57 58 standard shift parts and converted it over.
I probably would have left the automatic rear gears though.   FWIW I like your color scheme.   Jay 

rmk57

Are these the paint dividers that came originally on Rancheros? Not on the tailgate but on the upper part of the fin.   Cant say I've ever seen them, they must be quite rare.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

gasman826

common on two tone station wagons...I have a pair somewhere.

djfordmanjack

I have to say that the paint scheme on that Oregon based Ranchero looks great. they made good use of the custom chrom strip on the tail gate and even on the taillight housings. pretty slick, imho !

RICH MUISE

It does look great. I wonder what they used for the tailgate/fender pieces. Maybe started with brass and had them chrome plated? I was going to do that on some of my custom interior pieces that are still in vinyl, lol..

RICH MUISE

I need to finish my coffee....looked at the title of this thread and for an instant I thought it said "new staff", and wondered if I was fired.