News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Temporary muffler system

Started by RAWms, 2007-01-22 12:20

Previous topic - Next topic

RAWms

Any ideas for a temporary muffler system to get the car to a muffler shop for a final install...

...or is this a rent a trailor or get a tow truck to get it to a shop?

Thx in advance, r :felix:
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

JimNolan

RAWms,
    If you're pulled over, you can tell them the exhaust fell off and you're on your way to the shop to get a new one put on. I'm being honest with you, I'd do that.  Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

briney

Roger,

Drive it strait to the muffler shop. If you are stopped they will let you go.

Just be easy on the gas!

Patrick Dallas
If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

Frankenstein57

I've lived near Milwaukee all my life,what bugs me is all the ratty Harleys running around all summer with no mufflers.The law just looks the other way,I would drive er right to the shop.have fun,Mark

smurfee

I drove SMURFEE muffler free to the shop & was stopped & given a repair ticket & all I had to do was show them I got it fixed & problem solved but it sure sounded neat for awhile - SMURFEE :icon_bigsmurf: :blob9:
NEVER LOOK BACK

57 Ford Kustom

Roger  :006:
       GO FOR IT if you get thrown in jail have your wife email Ron and me, we will go your bail but have to hold all your toys . :3some:

T:walk:M   :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

57AGIN

RAWms:

It probably depends on how far it is to your muffler shop, how rural is your area and how many jurisdictions you would have to pass through.  I think you would probably receive a fix it ticket at the least.  Does the Ranchero have a current registration?  If not the long arm of the law would probably impound the car as it isn't licensed for the road.  Where the lawman is concerned I tend to be very conservative.  But as you know, I can and do open my headers when on the freeways (love those electric coutouts) and haven't been stopped yet (knock wood).

Bob
57AGIN

RAWms

Is this site bitchin or what!!!!!?

I'm with Bob regarding the lawman issue; That is conservative.  Here in Enicinitas the Sheriff is our police and they are revenue generators without a sense of humor.

The car is licensed and will be insured.  BUT, I better have those windshield wiper arms in place (you never know when the next .5" of rain will hit here in the coastal desert).  I'm in a bit of a rural area until where the muffler shop might do the work.  But hell, I like the way you guys think.  I will see what it sounds like and make the decision to go or not go.

Thx for the input and the laughs, r

P.S. Is Tom scheming on the extra muffler bearings?

P.S. JimNolan, hey, here in So. Calif. I could tell the officers they were stolen at a stop light with a straight face and probably get a best wish send off.

...as of Apr 2007

shopratwoody

Roger,
I was a little concerned about fire with the short headers I have. I tacked some extension on the connector
before I drove mine to the shop. Where they dump out was some things I didn't want fried.
Later, Ron  :006:
I hate blocksanding!

RAWms

Ron, I have the fire issue also needs addressing.   
r :pottytrain5:

...as of Apr 2007