News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

ranchero body mounts

Started by dan, 2021-03-19 10:08

Previous topic - Next topic

dan

The body was off the frame when I got my Ranchero from Arizona, so I don't have any hardware/mounts to reference.
Can find almost no info on the '57 mounts....I'm sure some of you have had the same issue. How did you solve it?

SkylinerRon

You can buy a mount kit from Dennis Carpenter.

Ron.

dan

Ron-
Carpenters kit does not fit Rancheros or wagons...

SkylinerRon

Dan,
All 57's except Skyliners and Sunliners  use the same basic parts just in different amounts. There are rubber mounts, 2 types of washers, bolts, nuts, clips and an odd looking spacer. I actually gave Dennis NOS ones years ago for a pattern. After I bought the NOS set I found out they didn't fit Skyliners. Their mounts are solid, no rubber.

There are some vendors that sell them by each part if you want to verify before you buy a full set.

Good luck,

Ron.

dan

Ron- Thanks for the help....I'll give that a try.
Would be easier if I knew what went where and what it was supposed to look like !
The rearmost side mount at the upkick is in the sealant\ assembly book..pg 106, at least the parts above the bed floor.
Thanks again
Dan

dgasman

The carpenters mounts do fit wagons/rancheros as I have them on my wagon . If I remember correctly there are a few more pieces that are not used .
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

SkylinerRon

Sorry, I only have Skyliners here to look at.

If I can find a picture of the mounts I'll let you know.

Good luck,

Ron.

thomasso

Sunliners use rubber pads and shims.  They weren't available when I did mine.  made replacements out of Heavy belting cut  to size.  The original rubber ones were pretty well squashed.  I believe that are now available from Carpenter, pricey, but as I recall they include fasteners.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

terry_208

When buying body mount kits, be sure to inventory them.  I read that sometimes there were delays in getting a kit so I ordered mine about a year before mating body and frame.  When mating the two, I found the mounting items for the rear missing as were the four "special washers" used on the inside of the frame from inside the passenger compartment.  When I called to inform dc about the error I was told ts bc it was too long.  I already had rubber parts parts made locally and assembled it using the og special washers.  My concern wasn't for my missing parts but for those purchasing after me.  I was told that never happens!   
Terry

dan

SkylinerRon

Dennis C was a real nice guy. I'm sure he would have made it right. Now that his son is in charge things

may have changed.

Ron.