News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

A mechanic's opinion

Started by Ecode70D, 2014-04-21 22:29

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

wow. that feels so good to be allowed to tell the truth, that the 57 Ford is the best of them... :003:
usually you have to explain and explain, and apologize for not having a Ch....... , and again explain...I love this Forum ! :002:
Chev's are ok ( and I even confess owning 2 back then. and would again, with a 65 Impala, they are just great. I am sorry  :003:)
it's just, Fords always look better to me. I don't know if it is certain body and detail design, or certain mechanical design.
Probably is what today they call 'corporate identity'
Fomoco is just me (First car I ever bought was a 65 merc). I can't understand why there's something different than #1 cyl right front.

I think it is a low key 'Baby' Lincoln, it's original paint and interior. All those Chevys and even the Olds are my buddies' cars from Bavaria. they are as cool as they come, even if they have GMs. :002:
Jay, concerning my licence plate, it barely clears the tailgate, but is only my intermediate garage registration and only hung impromptu to the car. how'd ya like my reg 'Old Gold 1'? G is for my hometown Graz next to our county crest

Yes the hinges on the Chevys are just one thing(that is why I ignore 58 Ford wagons, how could they do that to the poor car?)
really that Nomad tailgate is a piece of ****. Looking good in design , but it is leaking much more than the Ford, you need two hands to unlock the hatch ( I think there is no or too little spring assistance), the gate really needs both hands to open, so no good at all at the grocery store when you are trying to load your shopping. the steering wheel is in a strange position and the vertical A pillars doesn't make the wraparound windshield look any better than a tractor fairing. Frankly speaking it is still a VERY nice vintage wagon, with the beads in the roof, the hardtop door glass and sloping B pillar, but it just isn't a Del Rio!! :002: :003:

Ecode70D

Günter
      It sounds like you need help with those friends of yours that like those off brand cars.  How many of them have actually built cars from pieces like you have over the years?

Am I going to have to go over there to Graz and straighten your friends out?  The only nice car in those pictures is the Del Rio.   Jay       

djfordmanjack

No good Jay, their souls are already lost... :002: but I'll try to influence Lothar, so if asked if his car is a Nomad, in future he will say 'No- it's a Beach Wagon! '  :003:
Even 7000 miles from Detroit it's the same over here. When attending a cruising or show, and you're not driving a Ch******, you get the strangest looks and comments..... I just like that  :004:

hiball3985

I get the strangest looks when I tell someone they have a nice looking Depot Hack  :003:. Thats what the original horse drawn wagons and later Model T wagons were called before being named a station wagon. Their original purpose was to move passengers from train stations to hotels or resort areas. Some custom body ones carried 12-15 passengers.

JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Frankenstein57

I have ford blue blood in my veins, but I've always liked the chevy nomads. Good for us they are way over priced.

Ecode70D

Quote from: Frankenstein57 on 2014-04-26 07:52
I have ford blue blood in my veins, but I've always liked the chevy nomads. Good for us they are way over priced.

OUCH!

electricalan

Speaking of Chevies I saw mid 80,s pickup yesterday pulling a trailer with a second one on the back.I wanted to get a pic for this forum ,but could,nt.Evidently those guys have to carry a spare.  Al
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

Ecode70D

Quote from: electricalan on 2014-04-26 09:43
Speaking of Chevies I saw mid 80,s pickup yesterday pulling a trailer with a second one on the back.I wanted to get a pic for this forum ,but could,nt.Evidently those guys have to carry a spare.  Al

Al  That's absolutely right!   
    IMHO  That's exactly why it was pulling another  one behind it. 

jumping jack flash

Ford took a step backwards in 59 and exposed their tailgate hinges.Don't have any idea why they thought that looked better.

hotroddonnie

I was driving a 71 GTO a couple years ago, came to a set of lights a guy comes up to the window with both thumbs up and said " I had the exact same car man, back in 69 " Cool I said , then I called him a Loogan...... under my breath of course! HRD

Hoosier Hurricane

I can't tell you how many times my '57 Ranchero has been called an el camino by the all-knowing public.   John

jumping jack flash

Ever had it called an El Ranchero?

hiball3985

Mine has been called a RANCHARROW by a certain member who I won't name  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2014-04-28 10:41
Mine has been called a RANCHARROW by a certain member who I won't name  :003:

HRD once said that that certain member you're talking about can't spell anyways.  So he's off the hook.

Frankenstein57

I thought you guys would get a boot out of this, this was in the car corral at the spring jefferson swap meet, for sale 5K. The car was in good shape other than what they did to it,  Mark