News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 country sedan build

Started by 1930artdeco, 2021-03-21 00:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Nice part is the horns can be taken apart, the contacts cleaned and re-assembled.  Did both of mine on the Ranchero.  They are louder then anything.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

1930artdeco

Thanks, I have not played with them yet. I had planned to test them but just have not gotten around to it yet.
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

1930artdeco

UPDATE: OK, So here is where she stands now:
-All fluids are in and just need topping off when I fire her up.
-All wiring is in nisus the coil (I just need to hook it up but it is right next to it.)
-Dist. is now in and she is timed to 5-6* BTDC.
-I have a target date of 8 July to fire her up.
-PS fluid is in but drips from the valve so will have to drain and reseat hoses.
-Next up is inst. cluster to be hooked back up.

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

CobraJoe

Getting closer Mike....
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

mustang6984

Oh Mike...so close! A trip to Mt. Rainier will be in your future this late summer! Nice trip and a beautiful drive!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

1930artdeco

Had to tape the threads on all of the PS connections as they were leaking past the threads-now no leaks-so far. I put gas in her for the first time in 40 years (new tank). The gauge reads a little less than half full and i put 14 gal in a 19 gal tank. I will check the ground wire and see if that changes the gauge. I just need to put the carb back on, pcv hose and I need to reset the dist timing and that is all. She will be ready to fire up in two weeks time!!!!!!!
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

1930artdeco

Update: I am down to just adding the electric choke and adjusting the points. Add a little starter fluid and she should fire right up!! Wish me luck.
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

mustang6984

Luck? Nah...you'll not need any luck. The way you have obsessed over every detail...I have FAITH she'll fire right up! And then there will be a massive grin on your mug!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

1930artdeco

Well......the B&;$;tch won again. We were on the way to checking things out in preparation to fire her up. When she went and bent a push rod. I have no idea how it happened as it was locked into the tappet. So now I have to order some more rods for #5🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬. Can you tell I am little peeved🤪?
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

mustang6984

That guy Murphy is a major pain in the backside to say the least.  :mumum:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

cos

Did you put new valve guides in. May have a tight one?

1930artdeco

Everything is brand new. Every time I adjust the rockers I check the rods because they have a tendency to slip out. Somehow this one slipped passed me.
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

1930artdeco

She finally lives after 40 years of not having a heart beat!!!!!!! I don't why her RPM is so high but she runs. I checked her primaries and they appear to closed so I will let her cool down (I only ran her for about 1-3 minutes). I have two exhaust leaks as there was a lot of smoke coming from the manifolds and out of the tail pipe! I mean a lot but it did clear up after awhile. But I am happy she runs, somehow I managed to get her 180 out even after trying not to. Here is a link for proof.

https://youtube.com/shorts/Y48hJoVV0AI
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

mustang6984

YOWSERS! Sounds really smooth too! Congrats buddy!   :003:  :006:  :headbang:  :wav:  :crowd:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

1930artdeco

OK second run and took the choke out completely and screwed the idle screw out so it was not touching the cam at all. Got her to run much slower still a tad fast in my book. Temps were as follows: Rad-160, Pass manifold 330, driver side manifold 430? Temps are all approx. will tinker with her slowly over the next few days and weeks as I am moving onto floor pans.
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan