News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 country sedan build

Started by 1930artdeco, 2021-03-21 00:57

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

Very nice and an Autolite 4100 too!  :hello2:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Jeff Norwell

That ...is .......AWESOME Mike.
Best feeling in the world.
Congrats man.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

1930artdeco

Thank you all. Yes it is a very good feeling to hear and see her run. Now I just have to tune her up and bring down her idle speed. Went out to the garage today and found a huge mess of mouse nests blown all over the floor from the tail pipe :005:  :005: .
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

gasman826

That will make it run crappy.

1930artdeco

I am hoping that I blew them all out. But on the bright side, the muffler still appears to be good after 60+ years :003:
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

mustang6984

Happy for you! Moving a project 800+ miles and then staying on task to finish it is pretty slick! Wish now I could ride in it...but odds of me being back up there are pretty slim!
Look forward to the next phase!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

1930artdeco

Had a few setbacks but back going forward again. Had to buy a new water outlet and finally got her to stop leaking. Replaced all the rockers with 56 style ones and she is quiet now as far as the valves go. Starting on the floor pans now, banging out dents and will start cutting the rust out soon.
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

Ken 57Wagon

Mike, did you ever get a Y block for your project?  The one I have is still sitting here ready to go, but I've done nothing with it.  Any interest still?

1930artdeco

Yes I did, I emailed but didn't hear back. So not sure what happened. But yes the car runs and sorry I moved to Washington so not near you anymore.

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

1930artdeco

Just installed dual exhaust Mello Tones on my wagon. Still needs some tweaking but not bad.

https://youtube.com/shorts/aDW2ewwu2PI?si=7feyRpoedEHvTrB-
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

1930artdeco

UPDATE: OK, I have the driver side floor pan out and I think I may have gotten lucky. All of the rust on the frame/support brace/rocker appears to be surface or at least not structural cancer. At least I hope. Next step it to blast everything and do a final determination this weekend. If all good I will start trimming down the tow board and pan in preparation for reinstallation.
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

mustang6984

Ah...progress! Keep at it! a trip to Mt. Rainier in order this summer right? I don't think the Mountain has seen a '57 Courier since 1975...mine!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Do you have full EMS floor panels or are you going to patch with smaller areas ? If the floor braces and inner rockers are in good condition that is a BIG bonus. The floor board sheet metal really only ties it all together. Been there. Like most of us 57 Ford owners. I suggest you figure out if you want to replace all the body rubber mounts. This would probably be the right time to do so.

1930artdeco

DJ, all the mounts have been replaced and I am just replacing smaller pieces not the full pan. I am using EMS pans and they are really nice and thick. So I will begin to pair them down this weekend, no reason to cut out good 1950's battleship steel. :003:
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

mustang6984

WHERE did you find body mounts? I was lucky enough to score a set from another member here...but no one had any at any parts house.
I still am going to need a set for one Sedan Delivery.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker