News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Tail lights

Started by alvin stadel, 2018-04-12 09:33

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

I'v been getting my cars ready for summer fun, and yesterday as I was working on my convertable I discovered I have no tail lights. I can't drive at night anymore so to me it's not a big deal, however I like everything to be in working order.  I have brake lights turn signals, and park lights but no tail lights when head lights are on.  I have checked everything I can think of but nothing changes. I never had this happen before so any ideas or quick fixes would be appreciated. Thanks, Alvin

gasman826

headlight switch

Hoosier Hurricane

I don't know what your troubleshooting expertise is, or your testing equipment.  But, check the obvious first, the bulbs.  I don't know what year car you have, the tail lights may have a fuse.  Do you have a test meter or test light?  Check to see if power is coming back to the tail lights.  Without more information, I cannot make further guesses.

John Palmer

Has park lights (means front and back, I'd guess), and NO tail lights, I'd look at the headlight switch first, as Gasman suggested. 

Get a wiring diagram, drop the switch down, and use a grounded test light, to perform your test to the head light switch terminals.

alvin stadel

Thanks guys, had a new switch on the shelf, problem solved.  Take care, Alvin