News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Steering column support bracket

Started by Randyh, 2016-03-07 16:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Randyh

Would anyone have an extra unbroken steering column support bracket, Part# B7A-3678-A and the retaining screws?  Mine original is cracked and so is the one on a parts car I have.
Randy

57AGIN

Randyh:

Rick Crawford has had some better than new steering column support brackets made and for sale.  Obviousle he did not make them out of pot metal like the originals, so if you are interested in concours this would not be the way to go.  But, if you are interested in ease of installation, strength and pretty darn good looks these might be what you could get.  See his post in the for sale thread several weeks ago.

Bob
57 AGIN

Randyh

Bob, Thanks, I will check that out.  I am going for concours but this is a part that will never be seen so I may go for strength over correctness.
Randy

Randyh

I did find the posting showing the aluminum ones he has made.  In one of the pictures the bracket is exposed below the dash,  I didn't remember it sticking that far out I guess I will have to find an original one.
Randy

RICH MUISE

I'll look tomorrow, my old one should be around somewhere.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Randyh

Rich, Thanks, please let me know.

RICH MUISE

Couldn't find it, sorry. I'm thinking it went to a friend who got my steering column/wheel.  I only found the front u-shaped trim cover.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57tudor

Randy,

Look in this section.

57fordsforever.com > Classifieds > For Sale > Steering Column to Dash Clamp

Rick.

BWhitmore

Try the Ebay seller Mostlyford.  Located in Oregon, he has a ton of 55-57 Ford parts.

Randyh

Thanks, I will send him a message. 

Randyh

Thanks for contact, Jim at Mostly fords has one of these.

Randyh

After looking, mostlyfords does not have a intact clamp.  He has three but they are all damaged, so I am still looking for an intact original clamp.
Randy

BWhitmore

Try Steven Pierce in 29 Palms, Ca.  (310)6310053.  Phone only, no website, no email.