News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Ranchero tail lights

Started by Charter, 2018-06-03 16:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Charter

I was told that the wire's running to the tail light's are to be inside the car. Along side the tunnel and over the wheel well ? There are access panel's in the bed corners for the light's and I can see the shop floor. Under the car looking up in the corners under the light's I can see the wiring and light housing . Are they supposed to be open, or did the rust rat's eat away the metal ?

KYBlueOval

Yes,  it sounds like  the rust rats and the tin worms have been hard at work. There is a panel , behind the 1/4 panel that closes that area up. You should not be able to look up from below  and see the wiring and back of the tail light. The EMS part number is 190. As to the wiring ...........I can't tell you as my Ranchero had no wiring when I acquired it. What you describe, sounds to me as to where it should go. Hopefully, other Ranchero owners, more knowledgeable than me will weigh in.
John

Ford Blue blood

The wiring in my Ranchero ran along the tunnel, through the wall to the area under the bed, into the left quarter and back to the left tail light area.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II