News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Repro interior door handle issues

Started by Limey57, 2016-10-29 09:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Limey57

Anyone used the new interior door handles from Macs?  I have a full set for my Ranchero and while the window winder ones are fine I just cannot get the door latch release ones to fit, it's as if the splined broaching on the inside of the mounting hole isn't deep enough to allow the handle to fit all the way on to get the clip behind it?

I'm going to clean up the old ones as it's holding me up, but just wondered if anyone else had had problems?  I can't return them as I bought them 5 years ago!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

John Palmer

Sometimes.......OK, Many times the off shore stuff just does not work.  My Vintique handles are loose on the regulator shafts.

You should be able to measure the depth of the hole and the spline depth with a caliper to determine where's the interference point.  You will likely find the difference is very small and a minor correcting "in the right place" is what it needs.  Maybe a file on the clip slots.  If it's the depth issue, maybe taking a small amount off of the shaft end, just some ideas.

SkylinerRon

if all else fails I'd write to Mac's.  Most reputable co's will honor a defective new part.

It isn't worth it to them to lose a customer over a defect exchange.

Goodluck,

Ron.