News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Wrecked going to GNRS

Started by shopratwoody, 2012-01-29 18:05

Previous topic - Next topic

05gt

Glad to hear it's coming along good for you. Always sucks when something liek thathappens to any car, let alone, something that you've spent so much time on building. Good luck with it!!!

shopratwoody

Getting there

I hate blocksanding!

shopratwoody

Don't know why the pics are small. Hit a wrong button again :005:
I hate blocksanding!

gasman826

Thought it was an eye test.

512Fairlane

Glad to see that that beautiful car will be on the road again soon.

shopratwoody

Thanks, I was a bit worried myself. Lucky to have a good man fixing it :001:
I hate blocksanding!

57AGIN

Ron:

The guy whom you have doing the repair work on your Ranchero shared with Rick and me those photos and discussed what he found and did to bring your 57 back onto the road.  We were both pleased with what we saw and are familiar with his quality work.  He recently did a Fairlane 500 Club Victoria for one of our long time friends and fellow 57 lover.  For the life of me I can't remember this metal craftsman's name, but I've seen his work before.  I've attached a shot of the Fairlane 500 he did for our friend, taken at Knott's yesterday.  I'm going to post photos of the remaining 57's at Knott's in the events section.

Bob
57 AGIN

shopratwoody

I met him a long time ago. His name is Randy. Used to have a 59 Ranchero with a Blown Hemi
on Alky. Ran 140 in the 1/4 mile. I've seen the Fairlane Post car. Nice
Bet your Car looked great. :001:
I hate blocksanding!

57AGIN

Ron:

That's interesting about Randy with a blown Hemi in a Ranchero.  Did the two of you ever "go off together"?

Thanks for the comment about my 57.  Yes, it got a lot of attention and many comments.  It was a very fun day for both Rick and me.  There were 15 57's at the show and we did miss yours.  Glad to know it is well on the way to recovery.  Congratulations.

Bob
57 AGIN

shopratwoody

Looks great Bob. Never raced Randy. My Ranchero only ran 118 mph in the qtr. His was crazy fast.
Couldn't get the power to the ground. It would have pulled the shaft out of the trans at full throttle. Chrysler 4 spd.
Probably run 160 if  u could stand on it. Fun days :001:
You Guys have fun this show season.
I hate blocksanding!

shopratwoody

He shot mine early Wed morning. Just gotta color sand and buff and re install everything. Rear bumper still
in shop.
I hate blocksanding!

shopratwoody

Got the Ranchero back today. It's Black and straight. Randy did a great job. Waiting for some of the polishing
work to return. I'll get a pic asap.
I hate blocksanding!

Ford Blue blood

That's great news Ron!  So glad it was saved!  Just hate it when insurance companies want to total one out.  My 66 Falcon Ranchero got totaled and I thought it could have been saved.  Wasn't mine any more so I couldn't fight the settlement.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

shopratwoody

The Insurance Co was great. American Collectors. They paid everything that was asked for. Over 12,000.00
I hate blocksanding!

Jerrys Kars

Got all my stuff insured with American Collectors. Often wondered how they would react. Nice to know this. They are really easy to work with when adding an additional car. Everything done over the phone with a few emailed pics. Agreed value is no problem with them.
Jerry