News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Custom 70A w. CJ Motor on the Ground

Started by Ford_Crazy, 2010-06-09 05:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford_Crazy

My 70A project is moving along nicely.  The car is on the ground, new fuel system, wiring harness back in, front end complete, steering wheel restored and door glass installed. Waiting for John's business coupe quarter window conversion kit.  After that, the motor is going in.  I posted some new pics on my log at http://www.lakefrontflorida.com/57ford

RICH MUISE

Outstanding...This is coming together really nice. Your project has been an incentive for me since the color is similar to what's going on my 70A except mine will be 2 tone with a bronze for the top and back/top area. Anxious to see it done. Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress...Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

tarheel57

Looking good ,very nice job.Ill be glad when i get my 300 that far alone :burnout:

JPotter57

1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57AGIN

Ford_Crazy:

Really looking good.  I'm jealous, because you have done it the right way from the start.  My Custom 300, just kind of evolved from finding out one disaster after another.  I should have known at the beginning, as I bought a freshly painted car that was otherwise in need of nearly everything else.  But after all is said and done, I love the car.

Bob
57 AGIN 

suede57ford

Great Job!   I love how you are making everything look like Ford Made it that way. 
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

JPotter57

That FE is looking sweet in the `57!  Great job!  I cant wait for the next update...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ford_Crazy

I'm installing John Gambill's 70D (business coupe) quarter window kit this week.   Looks much better than stock.  Ordered the clutch kit from Summit and hope to have the tranny in next weekend.    I'll post again when I have the shifter coming through the floor and working.  Thanks for the comments.  :burnout:

shopratwoody

Looks real good. Some early style traction masters would look
good. What style headers or manifolds are you running? CJ cam?
very nice!
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

Ford_Crazy

Traction masters would be great.  I'll probably go that direction.  I've test fitted a number of exhaust header options.  At this point, I'm thinking about stock CJ iron manifolds. They fit the car and are quieter than headers. I also think I may be able to use a stock CJ Mustang header pipe available from NPD. Cheap enough and should save me some money on the exhaust system fabrication.  HP will probably not be good as tube headers, but torque will be up and I think I'll have enough power anyway. The cam is a Holman Moody copy of the 427 side oiler solid lifter cam. I'm not much of a street racer these days, but still like to knock the dirt out of my fender wheels once in a while. :002:

Frankenstein57

Nice work, love the red. Thinking about painting my ranchero bug red. Mark

Ford_Crazy

The camera and the computer make the red look much more orange than it is.  The actual color is a Porsche red which is a little darker than stock Ford red.  I've had a lot of black cars in the past and decided to go with "Resale Red" this time.  Wife likes it too.  I'm really happy with the dash color.  It took me a long time to find a rattle can color that matched the stock grey on the dash.  The paint is Dupli-Color Truck, Van & SUV paint from Autozone.  The color is Storm Grey.

Jeff Norwell

Phil.. your build and car are TERRIFIC!
Your an inspiration..... I only hope my build will turn out as wonderful

great stuff

Jeff

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com