News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Ford Custom 300 in Hemmings Muscle Machines

Started by JBS Motorsports, 2012-01-01 09:54

Previous topic - Next topic

JBS Motorsports

Just to let everyone know that Hemmings Muscle Machines did an article on my 57 Ford in the Feb.2012 issue. Some of you may remember when I was on here trying to find parts for  this car. Thanks to everyone that helped! Took awhile to complete, but now it is done what a blast to drive. Anyone ever in upstate New York stop by and take a look. Thanks Again.

57AGIN

Can someone post a link to this article.  Hemmings is one of the few auto mags I don't subscribe to.

Bob
57 AGIN

RICH MUISE

I don't think it's out yet...after reading jb's post, I went to the bookstore to oick it up, and couldn't find it. Today I checked the hemmings .com site, and they listed the January issue as the current one availabe.
I'm sure looking forward to seeing it...if it's not a real in-depth article we'll all have to prod JB (?) to post alot of 4.6 install info and pics....alot of us are really interested....and info on the rest of the build as well....He has built a custom with a 4.6 cobra supercharged, 6 speed, and independent rear suspention...at least that was the info given in an earlier post of his.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

KidKourier

Just received the Feb. issue today,Article starts on pg.66 and is a 6 pg."color" spread with complete details on build up.The color pics are great but still doesn't do it justice when seen up close! Way to go Jim,fantastic engineering and application--looks like it came from the factory with the Cobra up grades as original parts! KID :006:

RICH MUISE

The magazine is at the newsstands..got mine yesterday. What an impressive and unique build. I sure would have liked to have seen some pics of the independent rear suspension in the article...surprised they deleted that. congrats to Jim (the owner) and his friend Randy (the builder).
A lot of similarities between his build and my in-progress build..let's see, there's the clear windshield, and hmmm...I'm sure I'll find something else. LOL
Rich

tarheel57

Seen the Issue today,very nice ride and man what a sleeper. Good job !  Tarheel57

JBS Motorsports

I have LOTS of pictures of the build, send me an e-mail address and I can send you pictures of any particular part of the build. The independent rear was out of 03 Cobra and did not require a lot of fabrication to make it fit, the only drawback with it is, without any body modification you can't fit any big tires under the car. I know you are all 57 fans, but we are building a 61 Starliner along the same lines as the 57 only keeping an FE motor(all Aluminum 500 Cu.In. tri-power fuel injected) with 6 speed and independent rear. Thamks for all postive commets on the 57, anyone in the area(central New York State) stop by and go for a ride!!

RICH MUISE

Jim..."Go for a ride"......LOL... are you crazy?? I read the article!!
I don't think my old heart could take it.
I'm too far along in my build to add the irs, but I'd still like to see some pics, as I'm sure a bunch of other guys. If you need some help posting pics on this website, I'll try to find an old post I did that seems to have helped a number of guys.
Found it and rebumped the thread to bring it to the top...it's in general discusion area
Rich