News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Again at Mustangs at the Queen Mary 2013 Tail light shot

Started by 57AGIN, 2013-09-28 00:28

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

I went to the 2013 Mustangs at the Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA.  A photographer took this photo of my 57's left rear tail light.  I would never have thought to take a shot like this but I think it turned out pretty awesome.  I guess some people are just blessed with some special insight into what would look good and others like me don't have a clue.  lol

Bob
57 AGIN

Ford Blue blood

Excellent!  Really shows the paint well. 

Slide off topic here, where did the trim rings on the tail lights come from?  Got mine from FROGS and the chrome finish tarnished up in about six months.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

robhaerr

Beauty!

I was messin' about with photos...I'm ready for Costco, campin'...or hittin' the submarine races...

57AGIN

Ford Blue blood & robhaerr:

The trim rings came from Concours Parts, they are plastic.  Because they are plastic you can't use anything stronger than detail mist or mild car wash.  Polish, chrome polish, cleaner wax, etc. will probably destroy the chrome finish quickly.  Those tail light rings have been on the car for over a year and a half and still look like new.  I learned the hard way, then Rick schooled me.

Robhaerr, you are definitely ready for all of those.  Wish Rick and I could hook up with you and a few others for some local shows.  The John Force Holiday Show is probably cancelled, so that may have been the last opportunity this year.  Unless you will join us at Wings, Wheels, Rotors & Expo in Los Alamitos at the Joint Forces Training Base on October 27, 2013.  Rick and I are the "Wheels" part of this show and are very busy trying to build both show car attendance and Exhibition Cars, too.  So far, we've arranged for 10 to 12 vintage Top Fuel Dragsters to do a "Cackle Fest" and I've arranged for a NASCAR Talladega Ford and an A/FX SOHC Mustang, some Jr. Dragsters, etc. to give the car owners and spectators something they haven't seen at this show before.  I'm also busy trying to get some monetary sponsor the help the dragster owners defray some of the costs of Nitro-Methane fuel, so far no success.  However, if not that show maybe next year at the Knott's Fabulous Fords Forever Show in April.

Bob
57 AGIN