News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Xmas touring, NZ style

Started by junior58, 2014-01-07 18:42

Previous topic - Next topic

junior58

When I first joined this most excellent forum after I bought and showed you my 57 hardtop, someone asked to see more of the beautiful scenery we have here in New Zealand. I had two weeks off over the xmas/new year period (remembering it's summer time over here) so jumped in Victoria and went cruising to visit friends in a place called the Tuki Tuki valley just outside Havelock North in the Hawkes Bay region. These first 4 shots are in the Manawatu Gorge just north of Palmerston North where I live just at the start of my trip.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

junior58

These are from the Tuki Tuki valley as I turned off the main road, and a couple of the property I was staying at.
Steve McKnight

junior58

Some more of the property, and the river we played in
Steve McKnight

Frankenstein57

Look's nice, must be summertime in New  Zealand.  Car looks good, like it belongs in the picture. Mark

RICH MUISE

Beautiful country....it's great to see other counties from a different perspective than what you'd see in travel brochures, shows, etc. Looks like you've got some kids with ya? How many of you did you pile in the '57 for the trip? Enjoy the summer...most of us here are fighting and early but brutal winter.
Thanks for posting those.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

junior58

The kid is the daughter of the friends I was staying with. I travelled by myself on this trip, but prior to leaving I had some fellow clubmembers in town for our xmas doo so did a fair bit of cruising 6 up, windows down, stereo up (just what she's built for).
I see on the news that your winter is severe so I feel for you.
Steve McKnight

hiball3985

Great to see someone using it for what it was built for. Nice pictures. Not all the US is snowed in, 74F here in California last weekend and I put some miles on mine...
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

57AGIN

junior58:

Beautiful country and beautiful car.  Enjoy your Summer.

Bob
57 AGIN