News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Concours Sway bar

Started by alstoy, 2009-06-09 21:54

Previous topic - Next topic

alstoy

Hi guys, the Concours brochure shows a sway bar upgrade with a front and rear kit for a ranchero/SW. Does anyone have any comments on this kit. Thanks

Lgcustom

I installed their kits (front & rear) on my 2 door Custom. It fits well and is a huge improvement over the wimpy stock front bar. Concours buys these bars from Thunderbirds Southwest in LaGrange, Texas. They are really made by Addco but they are a special design for Southwest. You can save money by going direct to Southwest. (Ask me how I know!) The folks at Southwest are great to deal with and very helpful.  www.thunderbirdsouthwest.com/

Thunderbirds Southwest
P.O. Box 369
4635 E. Highway 71
La Grange, Texas 78945
979-249-4200 (info)
979-249-4202 (fax)
800-722-8697 (orders only

Larry

P.S. I'm not employed by them! Just trying to give you all the info upfront.

alstoy

Thanks LG, they look like a good option and a very tidy install. Cheers

RICH MUISE

I installed their front sway bar and was very pleased. Ditto on what Larry said. I have a pic posted in the under construction section of the gallery with the original bar on the floor under the new one showing the difference. However, I found pricing to be identical from both places. It actually cost me more to go thru t/b southwest. When I ordered I deceided to give the Texas co. my business since I live in Texas, I forgot I'd have to pay sales tax, where if I had ordered thru concourse I wouldn't have. I have a question for Larry: does the rear sway bar look like the one shown in one of the pics posted by Jim Nolan in the under construction section of the gallery? The last time I checked neither vendor had a good pic of the item on their website.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Lgcustom

Yes, Rich that bar looks similar to the Thunderbirds Southwest bar.

wighty

Does the mounting of this sway bar interfer with bumper brackets, or do the bumper brackets get sandwiched in between the sway bar monting bracket and the frame horns?

RICH MUISE

The bumper brackets get sanwiched in between as you said. I'll just have to undo the mounting bolts when I get to that point and slip them in.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

robhaerr

By the way...I am not seeing the sway bar info on this web site that you guys talk about in another thread...please advise...
http://www.thunderbirdsouthwest.com/

Thanks!
Rob