News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Monroe Sensa-Trac shocks

Started by ROKuberski, 2011-09-07 22:23

Previous topic - Next topic

ROKuberski

Has anyone used the Monroe Sensa-Trac load leveling shocks on their car?  I am considering them to raise the rear up a couple of inches to correct for spring sag.

Rich

ROKuberski

Well, it seems that no one reading this forum has tried to do this.

So, I went ahead and got the shocks with helper springs and installed them this evening.  After a test drive I can say that I am very satisified with the result.  The rear of the car is up one inch and I now don't have to worry about going over bumps or having a car load of people.  The ride is stiffer and it just feels very good.  Tomorrow, I'll put in new front shocks, but I doubt that they will make that much difference in the ride.

Rich

Frankenstein57

Hey Rich, do the load leveling shocks have the helper coils around them? My ranchero had shocks like these when I got it, but they were pretty used up so I replaced them. Don't dismiss what new shocks will do to the front, my car amazes me every time I drive it, handles like a newer car.  Mark

ROKuberski

Yes, the rear shocks have the helper spring on them.  My comment about the front shocks was that they would not make the big difference that adding the new helper spring shocks on the rear did.  Of course they make a difference.  The car feels much better going down the road.

Right now, Monroe has a rebate on shocks.  Check their website.  Also, I bought mine at justsuspension.com.  They were cheaper than local even including shipping.

Rich