News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

'57 parts book

Started by RICH MUISE, 2010-10-30 08:50

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I have the '57 repair manual, the '57 trim and sealant manual, and the '53-57 body parts manual. Oddly, none of these show any breakdowns  in front of the firewall. Is there another parts book that would show front end assembly components and there respective pn's?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

canadian_ranchero

the front body[firewall forward] of the 57, is in the chassis parts book

RICH MUISE

Ah...thanks for the info. I figured it had to be in something I didn't have.

RICH MUISE

Quote from: canadian_ranchero on 2010-10-30 13:27
the front body[firewall forward] of the 57, is in the chassis parts book
Gary...I checked e-bay for a souce on the chassis manual and even the larger dealers with everything on cd don't have it listed (I found it to '56). If you have it could you look up the core support main mounting bolt for a ford p.n. for me? I'd sure appreciate it. I can use a replacement shoulder bolt if necessary, or have mine refinished but my first choice would be a nos replacement since it's such an unusual style bolt.  Thanks Rich

canadian_ranchero

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2010-10-31 19:34
Gary...I checked e-bay for a souce on the chassis manual and even the larger dealers with everything on cd don't have it listed (I found it to '56). If you have it could you look up the core support main mounting bolt for a ford p.n. for me? I'd sure appreciate it. I can use a replacement shoulder bolt if necessary, or have mine refinished but my first choice would be a nos replacement since it's such an unusual style bolt.  Thanks Rich
it took some digging but here is what i found.the early55/56/57 parts book says p/n 359845S.the later ford issue 49/60 parts book lists p/n 359832S and lists the same bolt 57 to 59.but these are canadian parts books so i hope the numbers are the same.

RICH MUISE

Thanks Gary I appreciate the info...I'll start checking with nos dealers   Rich