News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

SUPER(charged) CAR

Started by RICH MUISE, 2010-11-20 08:00

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Pat....thanks for forwarding this email to me. I took the liberty of posting it here so we could share it with the guys. This is an awesome restored f-code car that sold last week at auction for $126,000
http://www.rmauctions.com/CarDetails.cfm?SaleCode=MR10&CarID=r130&Currency=USD

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

Beautiful car, I wonder how many were made. Has anybody here weighed their Custom ? At 3,154 lbs. it seems about 600-700  hundred shy of
what the actual weight would be.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Zapato

Truly beautiful, am intrigued by the trunk latch. On my 70D the emblem is strictly metal no flashy plastic insert. Anyone know if this was a model designation feature? Or is this one of those things like the small and large lettering on the dog dish caps that we're wondering about?

What is on your Car?
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

shopratwoody

Very nice. You'd think someone would have aligned the hood better.
Look at the gap in the front.
I hate blocksanding!

Zapato

Quote from: shopratwoody on 2010-11-20 13:37
Very nice. You'd think someone would have aligned the hood better.
Look at the gap in the front.

I thought the same thing.................... still beautiful
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

That was the only thing I had noticed....it is a really big gap.    Rich
rmk57...I believe I read 100 were made and only available on the custom model and t-bird. The 100 customs were required to meet nascar requirements of a production vehicle.
Zap...I'm not sure I've seen what you're describing on yours. Mine was like the photo in the f-code car. I'd be curious to see a photo of yours. The diferences in components is an interesting subject...it's like when I had told someone the wing windows were almost all stainless components, and someone else had replied that his were chrome. I would have to guess the multiple sources for components had some latitude on how they were made. I always suspected that was the reason for the differential arguement.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Lou

Paxton supplied 1207 supercharged kits to Ford for their Thunderbird and Ford cars. 197 were use on the Thunderbirds, it is belived the rest were used on the fullsized Ford cars. In 1957 there was no rule that a number of cars had to be produced (That came later) only that a engine option was available to the general public.

Ford Blue blood

F-code Retractables and I believe there were two F-code Rancheros produced.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Jeff Norwell

Yes Pat..thanks for the email...A deadly car....
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

rmk57

Looks like it was originally a C-code 292 car. None the less very tastefully done.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Ford Blue blood

Yup...my bad...got the C & F transposed  :dumbass:
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

57AGIN

For what it is worth, I weighed my 57 Custom 300 at both a recycling center and at a drag strip.  The results were right at 3,700 lbs.  I don't think the Custom 300 trim, fuel, oil & water,etc. weigh over 500 lbs.  The weight claimed for the supercharged Custom, seems pretty low.  But then, I haven't taken the time to look it up on John Gamlil's site.

Bob
57 AGIN

Lou

I took another look at the supercharged Ranchero on ebay, that supercharger is not a 57 unit, much newer set up.

rmk57

I don't know whether this link works or not but this is another really cool car.

http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/2009/01/01/hmn_feature9.html
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429